Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • happymeat
    • By happymeat 12th Feb 18, 5:47 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    happymeat
    Buy to let mortgage or Normal mortgage
    • 12th Feb 18, 5:47 PM
    Buy to let mortgage or Normal mortgage 12th Feb 18 at 5:47 PM
    Hi

I have a small flat on a mortgage where I currently don't live there and as we are coming to the nearby time of remortgage, I was wondering what are our options.

Can I renew my mortgage as a residential mortgage especially if flat left empty. We do visit sometimes over there but just for a change. I don't want to let out for time being as I think my mom will be moving over and will be living in this flat after 8 months(won't be paying any rent)

Or I have to move BTL mortgage. How easy would be for me to move to get buy to let mortgage considering this is our first two years of mortgage fixed period finishing. So we might have 15% of the equity in the property. My current mortgage provider is Skipton though.

Please advise

Ta
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 12th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    • 58,925 Posts
    • 52,250 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:10 PM
    Are you considering purchasing another home?
    Financial disasters happen when the last person who can remember what went wrong last time has left the building.
    • happymeat
    • By happymeat 13th Feb 18, 3:03 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    happymeat
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:03 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 3:03 PM
    No not at all, just inquiring about the one I have and will be living myself on renting.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

3,760Users online

Martin's Twitter