Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • patwa
    • By patwa 12th Feb 18, 5:19 PM
    • 1,513Posts
    • 625Thanks
    patwa
    Compact dishwasher for large plates
    • 12th Feb 18, 5:19 PM
    Compact dishwasher for large plates 12th Feb 18 at 5:19 PM
    Hello there,

I'd be grateful for any help with this. My mum had a stroke and now finds it hard to do dishes. I was looking to buy a compact dishwasher to fit in a small space (68cm H x 45cm W x 58cm D) but am struggling to find one that can take our large 28cm diameter plates. I want to store the dishwasher on rails under the sink rather than on a table top as we have limited space. If needed, a support strut that supports the two cupboard doors could be removed to give a 80cm width.

Any help much appreciated. I'm also visually impaired so that's making finding specific details about the various models difficult. Looking to spend under 250 if possible.

Many thanks for any help.

All the best for now and take care.

Hussein.
    Know me for who I am, not for who I say I am.
Page 1
    • Ruski
    • By Ruski 12th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    • 1,515 Posts
    • 890 Thanks
    Ruski
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    We have just had to replace our compact dishwasher - you won;t find one that is 45cm wide - 55 seems to be the norm now.
    You'll also struggle with your larger plates - our Denby ones are just over 26cm and have to be placed 'at an angle' to get them in - it still cleans fine, but it doesn't look right!

Can you not fit a 45cm slimline dishwasher in anywhere - that you be a better solution...

HTH

Russ
    Perfection takes time: don't expect miracles in a day
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,092Posts Today

6,947Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin