Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • AndyL1967
    • By AndyL1967 12th Feb 18, 4:18 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    AndyL1967
    0 WOW
    Teletext holiday support
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:18 PM
    0 WOW
    Teletext holiday support 12th Feb 18 at 4:18 PM
    I recently booked a holiday to Egypt with Teletext Holidays (31/01/2018) travelling on the 30/03/18. a few days after booking my partner had seen some news stories about two tourists being stabbed to death at the resort we planned to visit and now does not want to travel with her children. I contacted Teletext customer services and asked we can transfer to another location using the same airline and the deposits already paid. they have told me two different stories, one was it should be ok and the second when I chose a location was I would have to pay the whole flight costs as a cancellation cost this will be £3,000???

All I want to do is transfer to another hotel and country and use the same airline?? is there anything I can do?
Page 1
    • Westin
    • By Westin 12th Feb 18, 4:30 PM
    • 1,296 Posts
    • 957 Thanks
    Westin
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:30 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 4:30 PM
    You may be able to change the resort/hotel but you would have to fly to the same destination/same dates/same airline to avoid a penalty. It would be very unlikely that you can transfer the flight to new route even if staying with the same airline.
    • hollydays
    • By hollydays 13th Feb 18, 2:26 PM
    • 15,957 Posts
    • 11,992 Thanks
    hollydays
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:26 PM
    • 13th Feb 18, 2:26 PM
    I recently booked a holiday to Egypt with Teletext Holidays (31/01/2018) travelling on the 30/03/18. a few days after booking my partner had seen some news stories about two tourists being stabbed to death at the resort we planned to visit and now does not want to travel with her children. I contacted Teletext customer services and asked we can transfer to another location using the same airline and the deposits already paid. they have told me two different stories, one was it should be ok and the second when I chose a location was I would have to pay the whole flight costs as a cancellation cost this will be £3,000???

All I want to do is transfer to another hotel and country and use the same airline?? is there anything I can do?
    Originally posted by AndyL1967
    Werenít those stabbing in July last year?
    • koalakoala
    • By koalakoala 14th Feb 18, 11:43 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    koalakoala
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:43 AM
    • 14th Feb 18, 11:43 AM
    I'm afraid it's go on the holiday you chose or lose your cash
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,799Posts Today

8,485Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin