Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Fozzie Bear
    • By Fozzie Bear 12th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    • 31Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Fozzie Bear
    Insurance companies that provide package deals
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:30 PM
    Insurance companies that provide package deals 12th Feb 18 at 3:30 PM
    We are now at a time in our lives where we no longer have company cars and pay our own running expenses.
    There are now a few companies (Admiral Aviva, LV Churchill etc) that do Multi-car insurance but does anyone know of any company who do further discounts if car, Buildings and Contents are all insured through them?
    Many thanks
    Fozzie
Page 1
    • lisyloo
    • By lisyloo 12th Feb 18, 3:52 PM
    • 21,834 Posts
    • 10,549 Thanks
    lisyloo
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:52 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:52 PM
    Just my opinion but that's a really bad criteria for choosing your insurer.
    • paddyandstumpy
    • By paddyandstumpy 12th Feb 18, 3:55 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    paddyandstumpy
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:55 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:55 PM
    We've got a multicar policy with Aviva, got our Contents insurance with them too, and out of the blue they offered us free annual travel which we also now have with them!

LV also do multi-product discounts.

As above though, don't choose your insurer just because they offer a multi-product discount; choose them because the cover is sufficient for your needs (especially on home insurance where cover varies wildly by provider).
    • ValiantSon
    • By ValiantSon 12th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 1,713 Thanks
    ValiantSon
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    DirectLine also offer multi policy discounts, but that isn't a good reason to use, rather it is a nice bonus when the additional policy that meets your needs (at the right price) is with your existing insurer for a different type of policy.
    • Fozzie Bear
    • By Fozzie Bear 3rd Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Fozzie Bear
    • 3rd Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 9:35 AM
    Thank you all for your feedback however I am perturbed by some of the comments about a bad reason for choosing companies that provide an overall discount for multiple policies. Surely is no different to comparing companies on a comparison site? You put in your criteria and cover required and it shortlists to those who proved this as a minimum. It down to me then to look at their terms and conditions for any onerous policy terms or omissions. Nearly All the above companies feature in comparison sites and have broadly similar terms and conditions. The fact they give a further discount for securing your total business should not really be a reason to think they are dodgy? Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Fozzie Bear; 03-03-2018 at 9:41 AM.
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 3rd Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    • 20,135 Posts
    • 15,847 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 3rd Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 10:26 AM
    Nobody is saying they are dodgy, but it's quite unlikely that a single company will provide the cheapest/best/best value product for your circumstances in all types of iinsurance - they may well be good for car but poor for home, for instance. You should really check providers for each individual product then compare thos prices agains the combined prices taking into account reductions from those who offer that.
    • Bobby G1
    • By Bobby G1 3rd Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bobby G1
    • 3rd Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 10:44 AM
    where to get motorcycle hire excess insurance
    • FutureGirl
    • By FutureGirl 3rd Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 1,086 Posts
    • 447 Thanks
    FutureGirl
    • 3rd Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    • 3rd Mar 18, 11:26 AM
    I saw an advert for (I think it was) Admiral? Who are now doing something like this.

Other companies give discounts if you have another product with them.

Although I'd check the coverage of the policies once you've found and insurer you may want to go with, as not all policies cover the same things, especially with home insurance.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,438Posts Today

8,011Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin