Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • glyndore
    • By glyndore 12th Feb 18, 2:30 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    glyndore
    Confused by a PPI respose and offer
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:30 PM
    Confused by a PPI respose and offer 12th Feb 18 at 2:30 PM
    Can someone offer me some advice please. We were sold PPI by Anglian double glazing in connection with a conservatory. At the time the representative intimated that we would need ppi to obtain the finance. So we took it out. Five years ago I tried to claim the PPI back but Anglian refused the claim and I didn't pursue it. However with the introduction of the resolver site i did try to make a Pleven claim and again they refused stating it wasn't covered by that ruling. I entered some other companies details on resolver This has led to GE money making an offer under Plevin rules to offer a payment of 777.00 in regard to PPI insurance taken out under that Anglian policy. I have also now found out that I wasn't covered under the policy anyway, and only my partner was. The cover was certainly unsuitable for her and had we known it would only cover her we wouldn't have taken it out. My query is can i claim or my partner make another claim for mis sold PPI and if so should we accept this Plevin payout offer by GE money, or would that negate a further claim on the PPI. GE money say they cannot deal with the mis selling of the PPI as this was sold by Anglian windows. Furthermore why did Anglian windows state Plevin wasn't appropriate when GE have made an offer for the same policy. I am completely confused.
Page 1
    • antrobus
    • By antrobus 12th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 15,612 Posts
    • 22,263 Thanks
    antrobus
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 2:56 PM
    Can someone offer me some advice please. We were sold PPI by Anglian double glazing in connection with a conservatory. At the time the representative intimated that we would need ppi to obtain the finance. So we took it out. Five years ago I tried to claim the PPI back but Anglian refused the claim and I didn't pursue it. However with the introduction of the resolver site i did try to make a Pleven claim and again they refused stating it wasn't covered by that ruling. I entered some other companies details on resolver This has led to GE money making an offer under Plevin rules to offer a payment of 777.00 in regard to PPI insurance taken out under that Anglian policy. I have also now found out that I wasn't covered under the policy anyway, and only my partner was. The cover was certainly unsuitable for her and had we known it would only cover her we wouldn't have taken it out. My query is can i claim or my partner make another claim for mis sold PPI and if so should we accept this Plevin payout offer by GE money, or would that negate a further claim on the PPI. GE money say they cannot deal with the mis selling of the PPI as this was sold by Anglian windows. Furthermore why did Anglian windows state Plevin wasn't appropriate when GE have made an offer for the same policy. I am completely confused.
    Originally posted by glyndore
    Your PPI mis-selling complaint was declined five years ago. That's now dead in the water.

Take the 777.00 and move on.
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    • 92,634 Posts
    • 59,945 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 3:29 PM
    Five years ago I tried to claim the PPI back but Anglian refused the claim and I didn't pursue it.
    That is when it was over.

or would that negate a further claim on the PPI.
    You complained already and were rejected. Its gone. its over.
    If you bought before Jan 2005 (which most of Anglian ones with GE were) then that would be why it was rejected and no amount of complaining will get you a refund.

GE money say they cannot deal with the mis selling of the PPI as this was sold by Anglian windows.
    That is correct. Complaining to them is like complaining to Tesco for something you bought in ASDA.

Furthermore why did Anglian windows state Plevin wasn't appropriate when GE have made an offer for the same policy.
    GE had the liability under Plevin. Anglian had the liability for the sale.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • kenmore
    • By kenmore 12th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kenmore
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:17 PM
    I am looking for some advice a few years ago I used the a claims company to see if I was mis sold PPI by the Halifax after a while the Halifax and the claims company got back to me to say they where not accepting responsibility for mis selling the PPI. A few weeks ago I got a payment paid into my account for Plevin we also received a letter from the Halifax saying that the payment was for the commission +interest but reiterated that the PPI wasn't mis sold. aweek after I received this Payment I had a phone call from the claims company asking me for payment for plevin I contacted them to check for mis selling PPI They said they would check into it and get back to me ,I have just received a letter that starts with"As a result of our recent successful Loan PPI Claim made on your behalf,the following request for payment has been raised for our services." surely my PPI claim was unsuccessful and Plevin was never discussed with the claims company ,the first I heard of plevin was on Martin Lewis website about a month ago.
    Last edited by kenmore; 12-03-2018 at 3:22 PM. Reason: to add ending
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Mar 18, 3:22 PM
    • 20,156 Posts
    • 11,098 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:22 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:22 PM
    surely my PPI claim was unsuccessful and Plevin was never discussed with the claims company
    Originally posted by kenmore
    You are correct.

Refuse to pay the Claims Company and contact the Legal Ombudsman:
    Call us Mon-Fri between 08:30am-5:30pm on 0300 555 0333 or on our minicom 0300 555 1777

Email us on cmc@legalombudsman.org.uk
    Originally posted by Legal Ombudsman
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Mar 18, 3:52 PM
    • 92,634 Posts
    • 59,945 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:52 PM
    • 12th Mar 18, 3:52 PM
    Any claims company asking for money on a rejected complaint that gets a plevin payout more than 6 months after the rejected complaint is potentially committing fraud. See section 3 on the following link:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/claims-management-companies-plevin-guidance/plevin-guidance-for-claims-management-companies

Its unlikely you signed a new letter of authority. If you did, you need to pay them. If you didnt then they have no right to the money. If they pursue it, then immediately refer your case to the Legal Ombudsman. If a CMC is potentially committing fraud then they need to know.

The Ministry of Justice has referred to CMCs billing people incorrectly as followed (copy and paste).

If a CMC seeks further fees from clients where the
    contract has concluded, this may be in breach of
    General Rule 1 which requires you to conduct your
    business with honesty and integrity. It may also be
    considered an act of fraud by false representation
    (Section 2, Fraud Act 2006)
    Last edited by dunstonh; 12-03-2018 at 3:54 PM.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,705Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin