Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • devofash
    • By devofash 12th Feb 18, 12:01 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    devofash
    Two showers - Combi Boiler
    • 12th Feb 18, 12:01 PM
    Two showers - Combi Boiler 12th Feb 18 at 12:01 PM
    Hi,

Wondering if I could get some advice.

We have a Combi Boiler, top floor shower is stand-alone (not connect to the bath) works fine, lower ground is electric, works fine too.

Problem is we can't use both showers simultaneously, if we do, the electric shower barely heats up any hot water. OR if we open kitchen tap then same issue on both showers. I have read about thermostatic showers, currently neither of them are. If I replaced both showers with thermostatic one's, will that fix my problem?

I understand that the water pressure might drop but as long as we can use them simultaneously, then we should be ok.

Current electric shower is 8.5kw if we get 10.5kw will that help with the pressure?

Also, what sort of labour cost (approx) will I be looking at to get this done? I'm in London, if that helps.
    Last edited by devofash; 12-02-2018 at 12:03 PM.
Page 1
    • MikeEngTech
    • By MikeEngTech 12th Feb 18, 11:55 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    MikeEngTech
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:55 PM
    • 12th Feb 18, 11:55 PM
    no, you need to increase the pressure at your outlets. You can do this by:
    1. removing restriction.
    2. fitting larger pipework.
    3. Fitting an accumulator and/or booster pump.

I can't advice any further without looking at it. Find a local plumber and get them round for ideas. Don't be offended if they ask you to pay a call out as it could be just a small job.
    • devofash
    • By devofash 13th Feb 18, 9:23 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    devofash
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:23 AM
    • 13th Feb 18, 9:23 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I've read that you can't have booster pump if you've got combi boiler. Is that true.

Pressure is fine on both showers, unless both are used together. Where would the pressure outlet be for the electric shower?

OK, I'll get someone in for advice.

Thanks again.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,620Posts Today

4,514Users online

Martin's Twitter