Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Natty68
    • By Natty68 11th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    • 2,464Posts
    • 35,424Thanks
    Natty68
    Weekly Flylady Thread 12th February 2018
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:55 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 12th February 2018 11th Feb 18 at 8:55 PM
    What is FLYLADY? Well, it's our version of the US flylady idea - but we work on the principle that housework is not fun, it's boring, can be time-consuming, is often thankless but, unfortunately, necessary. It's here on Old Style to provide the support we all need and to make the whole task easier and quicker. We also accept that, sometimes, life just gets on top of us and we can't keep up, maybe because we're time-poor, not in the best of health and/or we have littlies who need us. We are definitely NOT control freaks aiming for perfection and utterly spotless show-homes.

Welcome to the weekly Flylady Thread. You're more than welcome to join us in the everlasting battle against dust, grime and gibble. The aim of our thread is to make those onerous tasks less daunting, and to support each other - and to make time for the finer things in life!

Please do remember we have to abide by MSE rules; each post should, ideally, include some mention of flying.

Thank you Valli for last week's thread

Please follow the forum rules on this thread as Flylady has been here a LONG time and is a fabulous support and resource for lots of us. All posts should have some Flylady-related (ooh a compound adjective) content!

The idea is that even if you are really busy you don't need to fall off the wagon!

Every room comes back around next week so please donít stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!
    WM ~ Washing machine
    TD ~ Tumble dryer
    SC ~ Slowcooker
    BM ~ Breadmaker
    DW ~ Dishwasher
    SOAADFA ~ Sit on 'bottom' and do 'nothing'
    KH/XH/FW ~ Ex-husband and other not so polite versions
    DH/DD/DS/DW/DP ~ Dear husband/daughter/son/wife/partner/whatever
    OH/SO ~ Other half/significant other
    NN ~ nice neighbour
    Toxic (friend/mother/sister/whoever) ~ person in your life that seems to exist to make your life miserable
    AF ~ Aunt Flo 'time of the month'.. nothing to do with flying but it comes up often.
    ETA ~ Edited to add
    Gibble ~ miscellaneous crap that appears forever homeless
    Dot-to-dot ~ pick a small area (not a whole room) like a chair/coffee/table/shelf/worktop or wherever- thats your first 'dot' - totally clear it - clean it - and only put back what should be there - deal with what you have removed (not just move it somewhere else) then if you have time move on and do the same to another 'dot' -the idea is just like a dot to dot puzzle, you aim to join up all the dots and have a tidy room. The trick is to keep each dot tidy until you get them all joined up! All credit to AnW's Mum for this one
    RoD ~ Room of Doom, the one room that feels like it is a permanent pit and cannot be used to its potential!
    MAD half hour- Mad is the abbreviation for Make A Difference.
    The idea is that you have a Forth bridge (ie never-ending - or just huge) task but that you work on it in half-hour bursts. This way you know you ARE stooping, and that you won't get it finished but you will make a difference - so it might be clearing out - the garage or shed, or clothes sorting, or weeding - you get the picture - but rather than keep going until you've lost the will to live you do half an hour...but, eventually those half hours will get the job done!

Mr S/A/T/M/L/Al - supermarkets Sainsburys, Asda, Tesco, Morrisons, Lidl, Aldi. You get the picture!!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Magnificent Monday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Fling open that window and blow those cobwebs out!! Air the room!!! Nothing worse than a bedroom smelling of parps!
    Remove and wash bed linen
    Level Two...
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    30 minutes floor clearance.. that includes floordrobe and junk!
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort 10 things from a wardrobe/chest of drawers that you can get rid of... and a pair of shoes only counts as one thing! Likewise socks!.. and it is time those knickers you have had for 37 years were binned.. let hem go liberate yourself!!
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs have moved in....

Extra Mission
    • 39 fling boogie time, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Wipe or dust over the upstairs light fittings.. don't go injuring yourself please, you have the rest of the week to work through!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down the skirting in the bedroom and on the landing

Twinkling Tuesday - Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Level One...
    Clean floors in these rooms
    Air the room.. fling open the windows and let in the springy air!! I don't care if it is 13' below!! lol
    Level Two...
    Clean baths/shower, toilets, don't forget under the rim! and sinks
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc whatever needs cleaning.
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment your pc while doing this.
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Collect any stray laundry from upstairs.

Extra mission:
    Pick whichever you want to attempt:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wipe down the doors and frames in these rooms.
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Wash the windows in these rooms.. and shine the mirrors
    • HHI... a bit more gone!
    • Spend half an hour with your little ones, for those that have them, doing anything they fancy.

Whitening Wednesday ~ Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Level Two...
    Sweep and mop floors
    Sort & clean fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there! Is there anything that needs to be made into a yummy soup!!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Wipe and replace all those small appliances.. kettle, toaster etc
    Clean out the cupboard full of pasta and packets and pickles..
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those filters and drawers for ickiness, gackiness and fluff!!

Extra Mission
    Choose one or more of:
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • Clean oven if it really needs it.. or just do the hob or a knob!!..
    • 29 fling boogie.. GO!
    • Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Thundering Thursday- Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level One...
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Level Two...
    Dusting, even if around everything & water & wipe the poor neglected plants!
    Remove clutter making sure stairs especially are safe
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    Level Three...
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean windows & any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc
    Tidy shoes, coats and bags .. Are there any that need rehoming?
    Wipe skirtings, doorframes and other paintwork

Extra Mission:
    Pick one or more of the following tasks Ė
    • Paperwork clearance.. spend 15 minutes minimum sorting through those piles of paper.. the bottom 6 inches is just rubbish it has been there so long I'm surprised it isn't compost!!
    • Change any dead lightbulbs in the house!
    • Clean a radiator or two.
    • Binbag dance.. Get a binbag.. fill it and bin it!!!
    • HHI.. get that mountain gone
    !

Finally Friday- those frightening kids rooms and spare rooms
    Level One...

Vacuum the floor, even if it's just where you can see
    Level Two...
    Clear away anything that isn't in it's place, clothes, toys, books etc
    Dusting.. all those shelves and flat fluffy surfaces!! Donít forget the light shade and curtain pole!!!
    Spend at least half an hour doing something for yourself!!!!! paint your nails, make an appointment to have your hair done, a lovely soak in the bath.. whatever you feel like!! I'm having my nails done this morning as usual
    Strip beds, turn and vacuum mattresses!! and replace with fresh linen .. check if duvets & pillows need freshening up too!!
    Level Three...
    Rummage ALL the junk from one shelf and sort through it..
    Sort through a toybox chuck out all the things they don't need any more.. charity or freecycle or whatever.
    Wipe any sticky marks off walls and doors

Extra Task List
    • Wash a set of curtains, nets, duvet or throw
    • Wipe the radiators, skirtings and window & door frames!
    • End of week fling!! grab a binbag and fill it with stuff to leave the house.. rubbish or charity shop or to donate to a friend!
    • Half an hour in the garden clearing the mess and making it nice for spring to arrive.. the sooner your garden is nice the sooner it arrives! Honest!
    Last edited by Natty68; 15-02-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Struggling financially

Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
Page 4
    • Mumof2
    • By Mumof2 14th Feb 18, 8:26 AM
    • 2,636 Posts
    • 40,431 Thanks
    Mumof2
    Kazwookie many congratulations to you and your family!

Pigpen I know, they do seem to rush for babies to grow up fast. Sorry you're having a torrid time at OH's. I detest gossip but have found myself in the middle of it due to my ex-loan horse owner and her lack of scruples. I'm rising above it but it hurts.

Got the house to myself as J and S are in Bude with his Mum and Z is in France with her cousins for the week. Having a cuppa then will do a bit of work. Off to ride another horse this morning then when I get back I will fly!!
    • Fayolle
    • By Fayolle 14th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    • 561 Posts
    • 6,917 Thanks
    Fayolle
    Good morning
    A bitty day in store today I think. I might get out for a short walk this morning before DD surfaces, just to get some exercise. In the name of slinky, of course. Then it'll be errands that she needs to get done while she isn't at school. I also need to sort some emails and bills - yes, the same ones that were on my list every other day this week. Another one joining the grumpy and broke gang.

DD and DH are out early evening to catch some live music in town, so I am contemplating whether that would be a good time for me to do the grocery shop, although we don't need a great deal. Any spare time HAVE to be spent getting some order into the kitchen and utility room.

WM just finishing, my hair is dripping, but I am watching two pigeons eitherr having a face off, or working themselves uo for a day of luurrrvve. Can't decide which. Best get on.

ETA - have some ((hugs)) ATB, you sound like you need them. I hope the eye gets sorted really soon. X
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Feb 18, 11:25 AM
    • 36,678 Posts
    • 472,308 Thanks
    pigpen
    Well, we are almost packed up to go.. just need to load it in the car.. I have vacuumed right through downstairs after removing from the noonoo of the Henry.. a heel support from a shoe, a bottle top, a piece of rolled up paper, a piece of foil and a hair clip.. I mopped the kitchen and utility on Monday after the cat knocked a full tub of double cream over the floor.. so we are leaving it cleaner than when we arrived which is always my intention.. I even vac'd behind the sofas and all the cat litter and biscuits.. cats are so messy!!

I scrubbed the highchair and the girls table and chairs before they got put away so they won't be mouldy when we return on the 29th May.. OH booked the time off work so we could have the whole week.

I need to grab our stuff from the fridge and freezer and we are good to escape I think.

Easter I am planning to rejig bedrooms but I might hvae to do it before then in order to make order from the upstairs chaos.. the problem with doing upstairs is that the downstairs gets messier and messier because I can't keep on top of everything.. there is no wonder the families who originally lived in my house had staff to help with the cleaning it is pretty much impossible for one person to keep on top of it all when there are small people in the mix!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    24/03/2018 £53974.15 (5.15% int.)
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 14th Feb 18, 2:46 PM
    • 4,545 Posts
    • 37,851 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Hi all

Can I join the "grumpy, broke and in need of a hug" group please?

Feeling put upon and unloved. Really dont want to bore you with the details.

Have made chilli for tea. Judging by the last couple of days meal time fiascos no-one will want to eat it but its there. DW on, WM on. On with yet more paid stuff next.

atb this is why people go to A&E isnt it? Hope it gets better soon x
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 14th Feb 18, 3:27 PM
    • 4,954 Posts
    • 49,693 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    It's February and although things look bleak, they will improve when this hideous grey weather has washed itself out of the system. (((Hugs))) to all Flyladies who are struggling, whether it be with essays, gossip, ungrateful families or health.

Valli, have a lovely time, as lovely as the circumstances and weather will allow.

For a Valentine treat OH and I visited Cornwall to go to middleclass heaven. We know how to live.
    Keeping it AF
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 14th Feb 18, 5:42 PM
    • 24,084 Posts
    • 94,964 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    Evening all.

I have influenza. Only a mild dose thanks to the vaccination, but I've still spent the first three days on our holiday unable to move, eat or even to have a cigarette. I might be an ex smoker against my will.

He had the idea of going shopping in a discount village today. I hid in the pub until it was time to catch the bus to the station. He bought nothing.

We then got on the train to find an older gentleman across our prebooked seats. At the first pass, did nothing, as the backpack was being stashed in the luggage bit at the end of the carriage. Then Himself said 'I suppose we're being English about this?'

Strangely, when faced with flu ridden, deathly pale and gingerish people of Celtic descent, older gentleman only queried 'what, both seats?' for a mere instant whilst the full impact of my death glare allowed him to comprehend just how much danger he was potentially placing himself in at that precise moment.

We got our seats. And I just want to go back to bed because my head and neck hurt, I hate everybody and I can't even smoke once I'm off the train because it tastes foul.

That gentleman got off lightly.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Honey Bear
    • By Honey Bear 14th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 4,954 Posts
    • 49,693 Thanks
    Honey Bear
    *Healing vibes* Jojo.
    Keeping it AF
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Feb 18, 7:11 PM
    • 36,678 Posts
    • 472,308 Thanks
    pigpen
    Jojo... ~*~*~ stay sick and stop smoking vibes right at ya ~*~*~.. We were discussing on the way home how expensive it is and how anyone can even afford to smoke nowadays.

Home from the outlaws..

£100 parted with
    ALL the washing done
    All the stuff that was clean when we left folded and mostly away
    All the wet stuff hung up or in the dryer
    Cases put away
    Kitchen cleaned.. leaving 3 lazy pigging teens home alone is a bad idea... there was stale food, every cup and beaker dirty on the side, every plate dirty and food contaminated, used teabags everywhere and there was more food on the floor than in my fridge! It took 2 hours to get it cleaned enough to make food.. both washing machines running, DW on its second run, recycling out, cereal tidied away and floor swept. Plants watered and cat dishes cleaned and all things furry, scaley and leafy fed and watered.

I need to get the sofabed away from DD2 using it last week and tomorrow I can get the front room vacuumed and presentable again.

I have decided to hardcore the bedroom switch so I am emptying the tiny room for DS3 to move into asap.. then having Dd3 and DS2 switch chests of drawers and then we can finish the move.. I will have it done in 4 days.. then I can sort the girls room once they are back to school next week.. it is very messy with their new christmas stuff still, I need to find it all places.. and then we shall see what mess we are left with.
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 14th Feb 18, 7:17 PM
    • 9,615 Posts
    • 121,631 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Evening

Yorkshirelass hugs, you are loved by us xxx

Work done
    Dinner done stir fry tonight, now OH wants pancakes as we didn't have any last night, still thinking about this one as I've just cleaned the kitchen

Cat has had a mad 5 mins and 'attacked' his bed, which has come apart, so I'll sort that out later
    Sun, Sea
    Slinky start date 29.01.18 28 to go / -10 so far and counting!!
    • tboo
    • By tboo 14th Feb 18, 9:21 PM
    • 638 Posts
    • 2,769 Thanks
    tboo
    Magnificent Monday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level One...

Check fire alarms are working
    Fling open that window and blow those cobwebs out!! Air the room!!! Nothing worse than a bedroom smelling of parps!
    Level Two...
    fresh linen..
    30 minutes floor clearance.. that includes floordrobe and junk!
    Level Three...
    Vacuum floors in bedroom and on landing
    Sort 10 things from a wardrobe/chest of drawers that you can get rid of... and a pair of shoes only counts as one thing! Likewise socks!.. and it is time those knickers you have had for 37 years were binned.. let hem go liberate yourself!!
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs have moved in....

Extra Mission
    • 39 fling boogie time, go on grab a bag and clear that clutter
    • Wipe or dust over the upstairs light fittings.. don't go injuring yourself please, you have the rest of the week to work through!
    • Clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down the skirting in the bedroom and on the landing

Level One...
    Air the room.. fling open the windows and let in the springy air!! I don't care if it is 13' below!! lol
    Level Two...
    Clear any clutter from desk
    Dust PC and desk and wipe off those cup rings!!
    Wipe keyboard, house phone, sockets, switches and mouse etc
    Level Three...
    Wash your bathroom mats, nets, clean blind/curtains etc whatever needs cleaning.
    Wipe down tiles in bathroom.. defragment your pc while doing this.
    Clean shower screen/curtain if you have one/if required
    Collect any stray laundry from upstairs.

Extra mission:
    • Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    • Wipe down the doors and frames in these rooms.
    • Clean the radiators in these rooms
    • Wash the windows in these rooms.. and shine the mirrors
    • HHI... a bit more gone!
    • Spend half an hour with your little ones, for those that have them, doing anything they fancy.

Level One...
    Clear and wipe kitchen surfaces
    Level Two...
    Sweep and mop floors
    Sort & clean fridge bringing what needs using soon to the front, clean out any spills or grots in there! Is there anything that needs to be made into a yummy soup!!
    Wipe dining table.. (clean table cloth if necessary)
    Level Three...
    Dust any extra furniture in dining area, checking for cobwebs on way round
    Clean cupboard door fronts and fronts of appliances .. don't forget those kick boards..
    Check those filters and drawers for ickiness, gackiness and fluff!!

Extra Mission
    Choose one or more of:
    • Wipe window sills and clean windows in these rooms
    • Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    • Clean oven if it really needs it.. or just do the hob or a knob!!..
    • 29 fling boogie.. GO!
    • Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET
    wm x 3
    dw
    swimming decluttered

started on No Clutter thread
    25/01/2018
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    ďYouíre only here for a short visit. Donít hurry, don't worry and be sure to smell the flowers along the way.Ē óWalter Hagen
    ----------------------------------------------
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 14th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 485 Posts
    • 6,197 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Morning all,

Beds made, DW unloaded, WM on and kids fed and dressed. Eye infection getting me down now, no chance of an appointment at our surgery so Iíll just battle on with red raw leaking eyes!

Iím grumpy and broke too Dizzy

Have good days all x
    Originally posted by atypicalblonde
    Ooh goodness that's horrid..
    If you are a tea drinker, make it without sugar and don't over squeeze the bag (you can add sugar after) remove and set aside bag till warm not boiling! (then finish making your cuppa)
    Gently hold used tea bag on your eye for a few moments then wipe from inside (nose side) to out. Either wait till you have two bags or turn it over and use for opposite eye..
    Do not use one side for both!
    This is something my nana used for sore/infected eyes, so have we and its worked on the dogs (when we had them) and our cats too!
    Living life happily! Debt Free date: 2018!!!
    Jan 18 GC Feb 18 GC Mar 18 GC Apr 18 GC: £158.70/£300
    • MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 14th Feb 18, 9:47 PM
    • 485 Posts
    • 6,197 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Oooh.. Forgot to add that did paid work this am, had intended to come home and sleep as still struggling
    Drs rang, cancelled bloods for Monday.. then made me an apt for Tuesday to see Dr, so he could then make me an appointment for bloods!!.. Stupid stupid system!
    Anyhoo.. Decided in my grumpy state to get my DS's to help me with the stinky dust pit that is their room (it's always tidy, just in need of a good clean)
    So, beds pulled out, walls washed, skirting too.. Vacuumed within an inch of life.
    Cupboards emptied, 2 black bags for the homeless, one for charity, one for children's ward.
    Then proceeded to make tea, sausages and pasta with salad for me n DS1, coronation chicken baguette with salad for DS2, dishes washed & left to dry (DS2 job to pack away)
    Am pleased with what was accomplished today.
    Heading to bed now, hoping for a good cleaning day tomoz

Pigpen it's always been a real bugbear of mine that children are pushed to grow up so fast.. Milestones, jabs, can they do this.. If not, why not.. Pfft, makes me grump..
    Tell um to do one and let lil one grow at her own pace, they do so much better when allowed to do things as they are ready..
    Hey, what do we know though, we're just the parent!
    Living life happily! Debt Free date: 2018!!!
    Jan 18 GC Feb 18 GC Mar 18 GC Apr 18 GC: £158.70/£300
    • pigpen
    • By pigpen 14th Feb 18, 10:47 PM
    • 36,678 Posts
    • 472,308 Thanks
    pigpen
    ATB.. do you not have a walk-in centre or minor injuries unit you could go to if the gp is useless... Have you tried requesting a home visit? If I cannot get a vital appointment I ring and ask for a home visit.. they ask if I can make it to the surgery and I say if you have space for me yes I can.. and they always say come at X time but you will have to sit and wait.. definitely try the home visit route.

Nice clean sheets on my bed and Twinkles.. 2x WM set to go and the DW and TD are on again. Sofabed folded away and Dots other glasses found and the miracle is they are not broken!

Tomorrow I have the front room to rebuild, the bathroom to gut and clean.. it is unholy in there. Then I need a swift flingage in the middle room. I have 5 ebeast items to post and Dots replacement glasses to pick up.
    • lynnejk
    • By lynnejk 14th Feb 18, 10:50 PM
    • 5,343 Posts
    • 55,180 Thanks
    lynnejk
    Evening everyone

Hugs and gws vibes for all the poorlies and a big for the grumps

Dailies done
    Spanish lesson done
    Twenty minutes exercise
    Dusted all through
    Made lasagne for dinner - it just seems to take forever eh
    Kitchen all WUDUPA, bunkers wiped down and morning oats made

H2H. Top cupboard in spare room all cleared and sorted through. Cleaned shelf and replaced a couple of things. Found the manuals for all the kitchen electricals and put in kitchen drawer. Rest of stuff put in CS bag.

MAD. All current paperwork sorted, personal info clipped ready to shred, rubbish to paper box and rest ready to file tomorrow.

Magnificent Monday ~ Master Bedroom
    Vacuum mattress before replacing with fresh linen..
    Vacuum floors in bedroom
    Extra Mission
    Wipe down the skirting in the bedroom

Wipe down tiles in bathroom..
    Extra mission:
    Wipe the skirtings, door and window frames in these rooms
    Clean the radiators in these rooms

Sweep and mop floors
    Extra Mission
    Choose one or more of:
    Wipe down any tiles and shine those taps.. a toothbrush is great for cleaning away the gunk!
    Clean oven if it really needs it.. or just do the hob or a knob!!..
    Empty the bin.. wash it out.. and make it smell SWEET

Thundering Thursday- Living Room and Hall
    Vacuum floors and sofas
    Vacuum under furniture you can manage to move without hurting yourself
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!)
    Wipe skirtings, doorframes and other paintwork
    Extra Mission:
    Clean a radiator or two.

Hugs, sticks and spoons if you need some
    Hope you all have a super Thursday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130x61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 15th Feb 18, 8:47 AM
    • 9,615 Posts
    • 121,631 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning

Late shift today so I have:-
    Done the ironing 2 empty baskets and all put away
    Hoovered downstairs
    Made my lunch

Off down to the town in a bit to do odd stuff.
    Sun, Sea
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 15th Feb 18, 8:47 AM
    • 115 Posts
    • 1,540 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    At home all morning today and my living room needs a good going over, not just cleaning but there are too many adds and ends that are in the wrong place. So am going to set the timer on my phone like I did on Monday and get going.
    xx
    • YORKSHIRELASS
    • By YORKSHIRELASS 15th Feb 18, 8:52 AM
    • 4,545 Posts
    • 37,851 Thanks
    YORKSHIRELASS
    Kaz you have no idea how much that means, all the support on here is amazing.

Feeling better this morning (still need to address the issue of everyone treating me like an unpaid servant but hey ho). No work for a couple of days as I have some last minute holidays to use up so I think DS and I are going to the seaside!

Need to have a shower and wash my hair, decide whether its worth hanging washing out or putting it over the airer, deal with utility floor (again) and make sure verything is tidyish before we go out.

Hope the eye is getting better atb x
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 15th Feb 18, 9:12 AM
    • 115 Posts
    • 1,540 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    OK 20 minutes done, shoes all taken upstairs along with odd clothes, hats ties etc. woodburner cleared out ready to light later, cushions on one sofa plumped up. Generally looking much better. 10 minutes pause on computer with a cup of coffee then 20 more minutes should do it.
    • Mademoiselle
    • By Mademoiselle 15th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 115 Posts
    • 1,540 Thanks
    Mademoiselle
    Living room now all straight, dusted round main areas (ignored bookshelves in library), sofas plumped up, cushions and throws sorted. Vacuumed living room and stairs and quickly round the kitchen and door mats before it ran out of puff.
    Next task will be sorting washing and ironing, there are 2 baskets but a lot of it is underwear so there shouldn't be too much ironing until I do more washing. Coffee drunk so best head off for another 20 minutes
    • kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 15th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    • 9,615 Posts
    • 121,631 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Yorkshirelass, I felt like an unpaid servant about 3 or 4 years ago, and unloved, so I went (as some of the flyladies will remember) on strike! I looked after the cat and me and that was all, cooking / cleaning for the cat and me..............I don't have any children, but at the time it was OH plus an adult house guest.........it took them 10 days for the penny to drop.............even now OH hooveres for me and does some washing, takes the washing basket downstairs, carries the hoover upstairs, goes shopping for food.....it all helps.
    Are you able to pull back a bit, and get others in your household to help more age dependant for certain types of jobs?

Parcel posted
    Other stuff done
    Sun, Sea
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,412Posts Today

6,310Users online

Martin's Twitter