Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Frogeyed
    • By Frogeyed 11th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Frogeyed
    No account numbers or details
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:26 PM
    No account numbers or details 11th Feb 18 at 6:26 PM
    I had a mortgage with Abbey National in 1993 and a loan with Wagon Finance in 1998, both now come under Santander.
    After completing the correct forms detailing my changes of address and name, Santander have told me they can't find anything and without account numbers I can't claim.
    Santander then told me over the phone I would have to use a third-party to claim as they are the only ones who can help as I don't have the account numbers.
    I have an account with Experian but don't know how to get a report that shows details needed for a PPI claim.
    I left Abbey National in 2002 and have not banked with Barclays who I was with back then since 2003.
    I have moved house three times since and can't find anything useful for a claim.
    Any advice or help is much appreciated.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 17,258 Posts
    • 18,350 Thanks
    zx81
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:29 PM
    Your CRA reports won't show PPI.

If neither you nor Santander have details, then there's nothing you can do.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 20,424 Posts
    • 11,322 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:13 PM
    Santander then told me over the phone I would have to use a third-party to claim
    Originally posted by Frogeyed
    No Bank will recommend the use of a Claim Company.
    They can't help you anyway..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter