Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • justry4n
    • By justry4n 11th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 38Posts
    • 54Thanks
    justry4n
    Pulling out of a PCP?
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    Pulling out of a PCP? 11th Feb 18 at 6:09 PM
    Hi there,
    So, I placed a deposit, and agreed to a PCP finance on a new Mercedes A Class, it has been delivered to the show room, but, my circumstances have changed which means I will have to pay large amounts to keep my recently passed away Mother's estate, so not in a situation to be taking on 300pcm finance.

I'm assuming I will just lose my deposit on the car, or is it worst? What are my rights in this situation?
Page 1
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 9,695 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:18 PM
    Hi there,
    So, I placed a deposit, and agreed to a PCP finance on a new Mercedes A Class, it has been delivered to the show room, but, my circumstances have changed which means I will have to pay large amounts to keep my recently passed away Mother's estate, so not in a situation to be taking on 300pcm finance.

I'm assuming I will just lose my deposit on the car, or is it worst? What are my rights in this situation?
    Originally posted by justry4n
    Firstly, sorry for your loss.

I would explain the circumstances, and as you say they're not obliged to return your deposit. They could in theory pursue you for any consequential loss over and above that, but i doubt they will
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • justry4n
    • By justry4n 11th Feb 18, 7:08 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    justry4n
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:08 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:08 PM
    Thank you. I'm hoping they will understand my circumstances.. can't really afford to lose anymore than the deposit.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 11th Feb 18, 7:13 PM
    • 10,815 Posts
    • 7,660 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:13 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:13 PM
    Was this a factory build order, has the car been registered yet?
    • motorguy
    • By motorguy 11th Feb 18, 7:26 PM
    • 16,436 Posts
    • 9,695 Thanks
    motorguy
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:26 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:26 PM
    Thank you. I'm hoping they will understand my circumstances.. can't really afford to lose anymore than the deposit.
    I am sure they will be fine. Let the know as soon as possible.

Wont be the first time its happened and i am sure it wont be the last.
    You are not special. You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake.
    • justry4n
    • By justry4n 11th Feb 18, 7:37 PM
    • 38 Posts
    • 54 Thanks
    justry4n
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:37 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:37 PM
    Yes, factory order and no, the car hasn't been registered yet
    • Keep pedalling
    • By Keep pedalling 11th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    • 4,825 Posts
    • 5,358 Thanks
    Keep pedalling
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    If you have just inherited your mothers estate, why have your expenses gone up? The estate pays any costs involved with winding it up not the beneficiaries or the executor.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 11th Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    • 10,815 Posts
    • 7,660 Thanks
    neilmcl
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 8:10 PM
    Yes, factory order and no, the car hasn't been registered yet
    In that case I think you maybe looking at losing the thick edge of your deposit, is it a large amount?

The PCP side you don't have to worry as I assume you haven't signed the agreement yet, and you'd have 14 days to cancel even if you had.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 11th Feb 18, 9:08 PM
    • 8,967 Posts
    • 9,844 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:08 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:08 PM
    My commiserations on your mother's death, but as you have inherited her estate aren't you better off, not worse ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,905Posts Today

6,909Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Mattallwright: I don?t think life is fair. I think we have to work to impose our idea of fairness on life. It doesn?t come pre-justiced?

• 3 tips to succeed if you want to start your own business, from me, an accidental entrepreneur... https://t.co/leamX59TY1

• My advice for budding entrepreneurs... why a good idea is a nightmare... https://t.co/eJaF2HPXxu

• Follow Martin