Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 11th Feb 18, 5:59 PM
    • 4,375Posts
    • 1,928Thanks
    aardvaak
    Credit Score
    • 11th Feb 18, 5:59 PM
    Credit Score 11th Feb 18 at 5:59 PM
    My Credit Score is 980 why have I dropped 20?

I have not defaulted in any way and have not applied for any new credit card or any other credit.

Is it possible to score1000?
Page 1
    • Naf
    • By Naf 11th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 2,298 Thanks
    Naf
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    If it wasn't for your post count I'd have reported as spam. Are you really asking that here?! Or are you being ironic?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 11th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 4,375 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    aardvaak
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    If it wasn't for your post count I'd have reported as spam. Are you really asking that here?! Or are you being ironic?
    Originally posted by Naf
    This a serious question why do you think I am being ironic?
    • Naf
    • By Naf 11th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 3,030 Posts
    • 2,298 Thanks
    Naf
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    This a serious question why do you think I am being ironic?
    Originally posted by aardvaak
    Because the question comes up so often, and because of Martin's regular advice about your credit score.

In brief: you don't have a credit score, you have a credit file. Different lenders have different, secret, criteria, so the "scores" given by the subscription services are pretty much meaningless.

ETA: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    - Mark Twain
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon: no matter how good you are at chess, its just going to knock over the pieces and strut around like its victorious.
    • aardvaak
    • By aardvaak 11th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 4,375 Posts
    • 1,928 Thanks
    aardvaak
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:21 PM
    Because the question comes up so often, and because of Martin's regular advice about your credit score.

In brief: you don't have a credit score, you have a credit file. Different lenders have different, secret, criteria, so the "scores" given by the subscription services are pretty much meaningless.

ETA: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score
    Originally posted by Naf
    Thank for your answer
    • Superscrooge
    • By Superscrooge 11th Feb 18, 6:31 PM
    • 1,081 Posts
    • 775 Thanks
    Superscrooge
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:31 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:31 PM

I have not defaulted in any way and have not applied for any new credit card or any other credit.

The Experian Credit Score runs from 0-999. So 1000 isn't possible
    https://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/experian-credit-score.html
    • YorkshireBoy
    • By YorkshireBoy 11th Feb 18, 6:34 PM
    • 30,151 Posts
    • 18,001 Thanks
    YorkshireBoy
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:34 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:34 PM
    All things being equal (and they won't be*, despite what you say!), the simple answer is that the people who have generated the number have changed the way they generate it.

But look on the bright side...you can't score 1000 so you've only dropped 19 points, not 20.

* Your accounts are one month older, they have different level of credit card debt reported, etc, etc, compared with the previous month(s).
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 11th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 31,676 Posts
    • 19,976 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:37 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 6:37 PM

You must have missed Martins itv show where he covered credit agencies, give it a watch.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

132Posts Today

1,655Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin