Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • archieparchie
    • By archieparchie 11th Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    archieparchie
    Mortgage Payment Cover
    • 11th Feb 18, 3:43 PM
    Mortgage Payment Cover 11th Feb 18 at 3:43 PM
    I was advised by my Mortgage lender Nationwide back in July 2012 that my Payment Protection Insurance was compulsory as part of my mortgage and they would not uphold my complaint as I had been provided with sufficient information to enable me to make an informed decision. Unfortunately due to some family matters the 6 month deadline to take it the Financial Ombudsman passed and I did not pursue any further. I'm just wondering if the PLEVIN situation may be applicable and could / should I go back to Nationwide? Appreciate any comments you may have.
    Thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 11th Feb 18, 4:56 PM
    • 92,639 Posts
    • 59,953 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:56 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 4:56 PM
    Unfortunately due to some family matters the 6 month deadline to take it the Financial Ombudsman passed and I did not pursue any further.
    If it makes you feel any better. Most MPPi complaints are rejected. You wouldnt have won on your complaint with it being compulsory.

I'm just wondering if the PLEVIN situation may be applicable and could / should I go back to Nationwide?
    MPPi itself has lower commission than the tipping point under plevin. However, the lender also participated in a profitshare with the insurer and the FCA require that to be included (even though it is not a commision). That will take it just over the tipping point. So, you should get something but dont expect it to be much.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,167Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin