Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tonynw
    • By tonynw 10th Feb 18, 8:04 PM
    • 286Posts
    • 106Thanks
    tonynw
    OVO energy and Polar EV charging
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:04 PM
    OVO energy and Polar EV charging 10th Feb 18 at 8:04 PM
    I feel very angry i am with OVO energy and on there website they give you the option to become a member of Polar EV free for 2 years, what they dont tell you is that if you take them up on there offer they then automatically change you OVO energy pricing plan to a higher cost plan than what you are already on, so you save 7 per month on your Polar EV membership for 2 yrs but my energy plan went up by about 20%, not everyone would spot the change of you energy plan so be very carefull, you have 14 days to change your mind but not everyone will notice the change in there energy tarrif in the first place.
Page 1
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 10th Feb 18, 8:38 PM
    • 5,593 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:38 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:38 PM
    I feel very angry i am with OVO energy and on there website they give you the option to become a member of Polar EV free for 2 years, what they dont tell you is that if you take them up on there offer they then automatically change you OVO energy pricing plan to a higher cost plan than what you are already on, so you save 7 per month on your Polar EV membership for 2 yrs but my energy plan went up by about 20%, not everyone would spot the change of you energy plan so be very carefull, you have 14 days to change your mind but not everyone will notice the change in there energy tarrif in the first place.
    Originally posted by tonynw
    If you are already a customer and wish to change tariffs this is treated as a mutual variation of contract, and the normal 14 day cooling off period does not apply. Standard Licence Conditions require the supplier to action the tariff change within 5 working days. As an EV owner, I have looked at the Ovo tariff (EV Everywhere) that you are talking about and I surprised that you were not informed of the changes to your contract.

The relevant Licence Condition is 23A which inter alias states:

(a) a statement to the effect that the Domestic Customer has agreed to a mutual variation; and

(b) an explanation of the effect of that mutual variation.
    Last edited by Hengus; 10-02-2018 at 8:45 PM.
    • tonynw
    • By tonynw 10th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    • 286 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    tonynw
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:47 PM
    i only noticed once i had taken them up with the offer via my online account but no where did it indicate that i would be going onto a new 2 year fixed tarrif.
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 11th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 5,593 Posts
    • 3,431 Thanks
    Hengus
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:37 AM
    i only noticed once i had taken them up with the offer via my online account but no where did it indicate that i would be going onto a new 2 year fixed tarrif.
    Originally posted by tonynw
    If you are unhappy then just raise a complaint. If you want to 'ditch and switch' then just choose a supplier like Bulb that will pay your exit fees.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,321Posts Today

8,529Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today? https://t.co/KexhjVVznY

• RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

• Interesting piece yet they asked me if it was a publicity stunt and I said yes partially, in order to raise awarene? https://t.co/FdKcO1uMLx

• Follow Martin