Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jordison
    • By jordison 10th Feb 18, 2:44 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    jordison
    Premier Park Ltd and SCS Law
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:44 PM
    Premier Park Ltd and SCS Law 10th Feb 18 at 2:44 PM
    Hello,

So after several hours of reading many many threads, it seems like there isn't really much out there with the issue I seem to be facing.

This morning I received a letter from SCS Law, which now, after ready several threads I suspect to be fake and sent from Premier Park ltd themselves.

This issue that I am faced with is that the date on the supposed parking infraction, which according to the letter is 25/10/17, both the vehicle itself and me were around 100 miles away at home. In fact the only time that I have ever been to Southampton is on the 30/09/17.
    So do I reply to this letter or do I ignore it? I'm not really sure what to do considering the above.

I have typed out the letter below if that helps. The parts starred out in the letter is just the vehicle reg and full SCS reference number. Any questions, just ask and I'll answer.

Oh, and I have NOT received and NTK or letters from Premier Park Ltd regarding this, to my knowledge.
    --------------------
    8th February 2018
    Dear Sir/Madam

RE: Debt owed to Premier Park Ltd
    IMPORTANT DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER

We act for Premier Park Ltd and are instructed to recover the following parking charge notice(s) incurred by you/your vehicle, the details of which are blow:

Date: 251017 Ref: SCS** Car Reg: Y****** Location: Vets for Pets, Southampton Contravention: paying a fee to park at the site for a specified period of time and subsequently overstaying this time or failing to pay the fee at all Outstanding: 100.

You have failed to pay the sums due under the above parking charge notice(s), despite several letters from our client requesting payment.
    Unless our client receives full payment from you within the next 14 days, Premier Park Ltd may take steps toward commencing legal proceedings against you and may obtain a County Court Judgement for the sums owed, plus legal costs.

In the event that a County Court Judgement is obtained against you and payment is not made, our client may consider their enforcement options, which would result in further legal costs. These include but are not limited to:
    - Instructing County Court Bailiffs/High Court Enforcement Officers to attend your address and remove goods to the value of the debt and costs owed; or
    - Applying for an attachment of earnings order, which if made will require your employer to deduct sums from your wages and pay them directly to our client.

If you wish to avoid the steps outlined above being taken, please contact our client directly to clear your balance either by telephone on 01302513232 or online at xxx.pcnpayments.com.
    Yours faithfully
    SCS Law
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 2:48 PM
    • 58,530 Posts
    • 72,029 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:48 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:48 PM
    Send the usual reply you find when you search the forum for the words:

Solicitors immune

Do NOT tip them off about the wrong date, because of a small claim does follow, it would be handy if they get the particulars hopelessly wrong in terms of date!
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• jordison
    • By jordison 10th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jordison
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:49 PM
    Okay thank you very much
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 10th Feb 18, 5:56 PM
    • 7,712 Posts
    • 7,456 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 10th Feb 18, 5:56 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 5:56 PM
    Jordison, just out of interest, when you did visit Southampton last September, did you visit Vets for Pets, or more particularly, their car park?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Feb 18, 8:06 PM
    • 9,502 Posts
    • 9,271 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:06 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 8:06 PM
    Both the PPC, and their solicitors are trying to scam you. Watch this video

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

It is more than likely that these scammers will be put out of business by Christmas.

Meanwhile, complain to your MP in the strongest possible terms.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • jordison
    • By jordison 11th Feb 18, 11:16 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jordison
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:16 PM
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:16 PM
    Jordison, just out of interest, when you did visit Southampton last September, did you visit Vets for Pets, or more particularly, their car park?
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Not that I can remember
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,620Posts Today

4,514Users online

Martin's Twitter