Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mart34
    • By Mart34 10th Feb 18, 2:21 PM
    • 133Posts
    • 13Thanks
    Mart34
    Unrecognised debit card payment on Bank Accoubt
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:21 PM
    Unrecognised debit card payment on Bank Accoubt 10th Feb 18 at 2:21 PM
    Recently checking my bank statement online. When I come across a payment I donít recognise. So immediately phoned the bank, they say itís something to with a recent loan application made that requested a 12p identity check on my debit card. 10 days later the company took £32.50, do I have any grounds to reclaim this £32.50 as I knew nothing about it. The bank state I authorised and confirmed the 12p during a fraud prevention call. Which I do beleive I did, however I donít remember agreeing to pay a further £32.50
Page 1
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 10th Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    • 5,008 Posts
    • 11,387 Thanks
    Money maker
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    Some of these middle men companies who search for loans for you do have a charge. Have you gone back to the website and checked the T&C's? Why on earth did you give them your debit card number?
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • Mart34
    • By Mart34 10th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    Mart34
    • 10th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    Some of these middle men companies who search for loans for you do have a charge. Have you gone back to the website and checked the T&C's? Why on earth did you give them your debit card number?
    Originally posted by Money maker
    I donít know to be honest, think I only have myself to blame in all honesty, the bank said itís a very common problem. And yes I should of read the small print. Oh well, wonít be making that mistake again. And put that 1 down as something to learn from
    • jonesMUFCforever
    • By jonesMUFCforever 10th Feb 18, 4:57 PM
    • 24,870 Posts
    • 12,055 Thanks
    jonesMUFCforever
    • 10th Feb 18, 4:57 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 4:57 PM
    A legit company does not need your debit card details to identify you.
    They can use the credit reference agencies to do that.

To answer your question - the bank will not refund you - you need to refer back to the website and follow the refund process exactly as stated.
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always receive lots
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

3,760Users online

Martin's Twitter