Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • frosty247
    • By frosty247 10th Feb 18, 1:55 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    frosty247
    Combined Parking Solutions
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:55 PM
    Combined Parking Solutions 10th Feb 18 at 1:55 PM
    Hi there, i am new to this site. My husband parked on some private land while he was loading his vehicle as he was working next doot to this land. He has been issued with a parking fine of 100. However, they said they have photographic evidence. I asked them for this and they have sent what it seems to be two random mobile phone photographs. I have readup on the British Parking association code of practice and it appears they have to use an ARPN camera, which operates. I also asked for evidence of the time and date the of the parking. They said they do not have to provide evidence of time and date. However, they have written a time and date at the top of the letter and not provided any evidence of how they obtained this. Just wondered what to do???
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 10th Feb 18, 2:04 PM
    • 17,575 Posts
    • 27,786 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:04 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:04 PM
    The BPA Code of Practice is not relevant in the case of CPS as they are IPC AOS members. Here's some information on them.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203617201-Combined-Parking-Solutions-Ltd

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/Combined_Parking_Solutions.html

The NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1 guides you through dealing with the early stages of your PCN, so read that - remember this is an IPC operator and the advice in the sticky differs between IPC and BPA operators.

You might like to also read this current thread on PePiPoo about CPS which explains how their signage and paperwork is much tighter than most other parking companies.

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=118535
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Feb 18, 2:09 PM
    • 3,221 Posts
    • 4,249 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:09 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:09 PM
    Getting the landowner to cancel is often the easiest way forward.
    This space for hire.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 2:39 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,037 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:39 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 2:39 PM
    Same as any other IPC firm.

CPS and their owner Perky are nothing special, except that they are more used to a history of court cases, and their signs do provide for ''100 fee'' to park without a permit. Unlike most, their signs are not forbidding, they actually offer a contract to non-permit holders at 100 for parking.

Depends if the signs were sparse, obscured (e.g. hidden behind bins) or broken, that would give your OH a decent argument. If there was a CPS sign right near the car, visible in the photos and not obscured or broken, CPS would have a good chance in the small claims track, of getting their piece of his money.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• logician
    • By logician 10th Feb 18, 10:02 PM
    • 194 Posts
    • 76 Thanks
    logician
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:02 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:02 PM
    Getting the landowner to cancel is often the easiest way forward.
    Originally posted by waamo
    May be a little harder with this PPC as IIRC Perky operates only self ticketing options, where photos are uploaded for issuing charges hence:

I asked them for this and they have sent what it seems to be two random mobile phone photographs.
    Originally posted by frosty247
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 57,449 Posts
    • 71,037 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:39 PM
    It's my understanding that someone has a close 'agreement' with Perky. Wonder what that entails?

But his PCNs are nothing special and he's not exactly prolific in court.

Some people just are not the legal brains they make out they are.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,409Posts Today

7,862Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin