Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gentlepurr
    • By gentlepurr 10th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    • 3,978Posts
    • 5,031Thanks
    gentlepurr
    "Your password has expired" ..........
    • 10th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    "Your password has expired" .......... 10th Feb 18 at 9:53 AM
    What a sad day yesterday, tried to bring MSE up on the lappy and get greeted with this message, so i just thought i would warn you all, - your password will expire after 4487 days!! I honestly feel heartbroken, i feel like ive had my front door key taken off me, ok ive had to give myself a shiny new "key" but its just not the same as the one that holds all your memories, the tactile, battered old worn one that nobody would ever have guessed in a million years, and now i have to remember a whole new way to "get in" and i dont like it...........

One saving grace, at least i dont seem to have lost my old version of the site........... and interesting that ive passed the 4487 days as an MSEr mark............
    "It is not uncommon for slight acquaintances to get married, but a couple really have to know each other to get divorced." - Anonymous
Page 2
    • beornoth
    • By beornoth 14th Feb 18, 6:16 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    beornoth
    same here !
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 14th Feb 18, 6:18 AM
    • 13,035 Posts
    • 41,188 Thanks
    sarah1972
    The forum team have been made aware and are working on this, please be patient, I know its frustrating ... I have just had to change mine again after 5 days.

They will get us fixed as soon as they can.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • andi123
    • By andi123 14th Feb 18, 6:22 AM
    • 510 Posts
    • 8,220 Thanks
    andi123
    Your password is 5 days old, and has therefore expired.

Me too
    • LittleMissDetermined
    • By LittleMissDetermined 14th Feb 18, 6:22 AM
    • 2,007 Posts
    • 8,441 Thanks
    LittleMissDetermined

Five days???
    Originally posted by KeithP
    Same here this morning... very frustrating and not very user friendly, last week I changed it because it was 375 days old...

Glad itís not just me
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive... Saving's better than spending...

£1000 EF Challenge #142 £1000/£1000 ... 3-6Mth Wages Challenge #4 £6050/£7129...
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Feb 18, 7:02 AM
    • 20,002 Posts
    • 10,985 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    The forum team have been made aware and are working on this, please be patient, I know its frustrating.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    I don't think board guides should have to take it upon themselves to be spokesperson for the "Forum Team" in this manner. In fact, seeing someone who has obviously also been ridiculously prompted to provide a new password after five days "defending the indefensible" is actually doubly annoying.

We should not have to be "patient", there should have already been an official announcement, but there has not even been an acknowledgement that there is a problem. What other discussion forum asks it's whole user base for multiple password re-sets over just a few days?
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 14th Feb 18, 7:04 AM
    • 62,182 Posts
    • 363,943 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    It's all utter bow lacks isn't it.
    It'll at least free up my time if I end up saying "s0d it" and not bothering one day.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 14th Feb 18, 7:05 AM
    • 12,148 Posts
    • 8,219 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Five day warning for me, except it was after 5 minutes. I cleared my cookies for something else and was prompted to replace my 5 day old password.

This site is a farce.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 14th Feb 18, 7:14 AM
    • 20,002 Posts
    • 10,985 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    https://howsecureismypassword.net/ will give you an idea how long a computer program would take to hack your password. My new MSE one sits at 42 years.
    Originally posted by Naf
    Pity it ended up lasting just five days then
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 14th Feb 18, 7:57 AM
    • 4,089 Posts
    • 9,174 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    The forum team have been made aware and are working on this, please be patient, I know its frustrating ... I have just had to change mine again after 5 days.

They will get us fixed as soon as they can.
    Originally posted by sarah1972
    Please can you state where you get this information from, as if it has been communicated privately it should be communicated publicly.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Westin
    • By Westin 14th Feb 18, 8:02 AM
    • 1,294 Posts
    • 957 Thanks
    Westin
    While your sorting out the latest password reset issue can you also get someone to sort out the previously reported issue with using apostrophe!!!8217;s on an iPad.

It!!!8217;s so annoying.
    • notbritishgas
    • By notbritishgas 14th Feb 18, 8:04 AM
    • 2,071 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    notbritishgas
    Am now changing my password more often than I change my socks.
    • MSE Andrea
    • By MSE Andrea 14th Feb 18, 10:40 AM
    • 8,974 Posts
    • 21,733 Thanks
    MSE Andrea
    Hi

Sorry for the lack of notice to the password reset Ė we should have told you, but we didnít want to draw attention to the spam creators.

We wanted to clamp down on the amount of spam that gets posted to the forum, and one of the many measures taken was to ask everyone to reset their password, and thus help weed out the bots and disposable accounts.

Weíre sorry for the inconvenience caused, but hopefully most managed to easily reset theirs.

If you canít remember your password you can get a reset link sent to the email you used to register your account.

As an extra measure weíve also put in place a 90 day time limit for password expiry, and would appreciate your feedback.

We've set up one individual thread and are going to close this thread so we can read everyone's feedback in one place. Could you please feedback on this thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73879398#post73879398

Thanks!
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,769Posts Today

8,800Users online

Martin's Twitter