Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FurryBeastOz
    • By FurryBeastOz 10th Feb 18, 6:05 AM
    • 1,193Posts
    • 15,845Thanks
    FurryBeastOz
    O/S Daily Saturday 10th Feb 2018
    • 10th Feb 18, 6:05 AM
    O/S Daily Saturday 10th Feb 2018 10th Feb 18 at 6:05 AM
    This is an !!!8220;over the garden fence!!!8221; type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It!!!8217;s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we!!!8217;re going to do today or what we!!!8217;ve achieved already. Everyone!!!8217;s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn!!!8217;t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don!!!8217;t post large pictures, or clip art !!!8211; links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don!!!8217;t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
Page 2
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 10th Feb 18, 1:26 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 9,659 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Afternoon all
    Strange after yesterdays password change, I now have to log in every time. For the past few months I was permanently logged in and showing I was here all the time . Confused, yes I am. I wonder if these problems are why I lost quite a few posts lately? I thought it was me being careless and perhaps hitting a wrong key.
    Anyway I feel a bit better today because I slept for 6hrs without the cough waking me up. I just seem to be up and down like the buses .
    So I have stripped the bed and put the WM on, emptied the DW and refilled it. This afternoon I shall remake the bed with the help of Mr Fix It. How come men always have to ask what needs doing instead of just doing the obvious . Sorry, I'm still not 100%, Mr Fix It is pretty good on the whole.
    Tea tonight will be a filled jacket potato, I can't taste anything unless its something sweet so I'm looking forward to trying that new Ma*num ice cream. Mr Fix It brought some home for me yesterday. See he can be thoughtful sometimes, at least it's not a pair of fishing socks ! ( don't ask )
    JackieO another plea from me for not leaving. It wouldn't be the same without you.
    HollyH I'm still kicking but the cough has gone on to my chest now. I have to be careful as in the past I have had pleurisy and bronchitis and I don't want either again.
    AOD I always write down my passwords and Mr Fix Its, as we don't have a decent memory between us
    OK enough waffling I'm going to soak my head, well put it over a bowl of steaming water and eucalyptus oil !
    Take care all, many hugs from me.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Feb 18, 1:32 PM
    • 16,004 Posts
    • 69,113 Thanks
    Judi
    Well shopping was an experience if nothing else. I wasnt happy with a couple of products and 2 items were substituted with something I wasnt happy with but I'll give it another go. Grump still had to go to Aldi for his work stuff which is paid for separately to the home shop for tax purposes...We still forgot the dog food. Grump is annoyed with me for not putting his cigarettes on the order but I refuse to as he moans ive spent too much convieniently forgetting 45 of that is his cigarettes so tough.

Pancakes for the men tonight. Grump will be working away on pancake day and he loves them so im doing them tonight instead.

JackieO Echoing what the others have said. Please dont leave.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Elona
    • By Elona 10th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 1,743 Thanks
    Elona
    Washing machine is on with my bedding and leek and potato soup is simmering for later. I looked out some mince which is defrosting with some carrots and onions to cook tonight or tomorrow morning and have chicken breast with green veg defrosting for tonight.

Decided to have a lazy day and just manage with whatever I have in as don't feel like going out. Might put aromatherapy oil in the burner in the bedroom to ward off a tickle in my throat.

No idea whether any dds are popping round tomorrow so might just cook something like cottage pie that I can portion up and freeze if I am eating on my own or serve up if I have company.

Hugs to all
    • csarina2
    • By csarina2 10th Feb 18, 3:40 PM
    • 1,979 Posts
    • 19,511 Thanks
    csarina2
    Please can I ask for your prayers for my quilting friend?

I received a most distressing call from her this afternoon, her Grand daughter, who lost her partner 2 years ago, was found dead last Tuesday. A PM did not find a cause of death so they have to wait 2 months for toxicology reports. A death certificate has been issued to allow a funeral to take place.

I was so shocked, L was only 32 and has left a 10 year old daughter and 5 year old twin girls who are being looked after by their grand parents.

I do not know how I feel, having been on the end of a similar phone call myself just 2 years ago. I feel such sorrow for L's parents, loosing a daughter and having to face bringing up 3 children at 58.

Thay have to wait until 27th of this month before they can lay her to rest......such a long time to be in limbo. I know it is something they will never get over.

My friend is distraught.........
    • Gers
    • By Gers 10th Feb 18, 4:02 PM
    • 6,303 Posts
    • 39,624 Thanks
    Gers

I received a most distressing call from her this afternoon, her Grand daughter, who lost her partner 2 years ago, was found dead last Tuesday. A PM did not find a cause of death so they have to wait 2 months for toxicology reports. A death certificate has been issued to allow a funeral to take place.

I was so shocked, L was only 32 and has left a 10 year old daughter and 5 year old twin girls who are being looked after by their grand parents.

I do not know how I feel, having been on the end of a similar phone call myself just 2 years ago. I feel such sorrow for L's parents, loosing a daughter and having to face bringing up 3 children at 58.

Thay have to wait until 27th of this month before they can lay her to rest......such a long time to be in limbo. I know it is something they will never get over.

My friend is distraught.........
    Originally posted by csarina2
    Such sad news csarina - my thoughts are with your friend.

My oldest nephew died almost two years ago aged 34 years from an accidental overdose of prescription medicine. We too had to wait ages for the toxicology report and funeral, it's all so depressing and devasting for everyone.

I'm home, had a clear drive back without rain, snow or high wind. Only the potholes and roadworks to slow me down. Bird feeders filled up and nuts left out for Tufty. Nothing much else to bother me, thank goodness.
    Last edited by Gers; 10-02-2018 at 6:03 PM.
    • TravellingAbuela
    • By TravellingAbuela 10th Feb 18, 4:27 PM
    • 3,931 Posts
    • 26,431 Thanks
    TravellingAbuela
    So very sorry CSARINA. It's all the more distressing when it's a young person involved. My heart goes out to her parents and grandparents, not to mention her three children. Life can be so unfair xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
    • nannywindow
    • By nannywindow 10th Feb 18, 4:37 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 9,659 Thanks
    nannywindow
    Csarina I'm so sorry to hear such sad news. My thoughts are with the family.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
    • LaineyT
    • By LaineyT 10th Feb 18, 5:29 PM
    • 2,028 Posts
    • 24,873 Thanks
    LaineyT
    Csarina so sorry to read about your friend's daughter, those poor little children, my heart goes out to them all x
    • Judi
    • By Judi 10th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 16,004 Posts
    • 69,113 Thanks
    Judi
    Such a tragedy. My thoughts and my prayers are with your friend and her Grandchildren.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 10th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    • 3,453 Posts
    • 31,667 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Csarina - what a terrible thing to have happened, my thought go out to your friend and her family.
    • Elona
    • By Elona 10th Feb 18, 8:50 PM
    • 159 Posts
    • 1,743 Thanks
    Elona
    csarina

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's news. Thoughts and prayers are with her poor family especially the children.

I cooked some soup and made a small cottage pie for tomorrow as I thought only one dd might be popping in.

Just had a phone call to say at least three (maybe four) are calling in - eek! I have some chicken burgers and beef burgers defrosting and will nip out tomorrow morning for rolls and salad and potatoes to make wedges. Must remember to switch on portable heater in the conservatory tomorrow morning as we have the dining table and chairs there and it is freezing!

Hugs to all
    • JackieO
    • By JackieO 11th Feb 18, 7:19 AM
    • 15,755 Posts
    • 133,851 Thanks
    JackieO
    Oh Czarina how sad for your friend and her family My thoughts and prayers are with them.Those poor children,and how hard their life will be feeling at the moment .

Life can be so cruel at times, and it puts our worries and woes into perspective doesn't it.

God rest them all at this dreadful time

JackieO xxx
    Quot Libros,Quam Breve Tempus.
    2018 Food spend so far this year Three months totals 96.53 April 8.98 . this morning short shop was 5.62 only bought essentials
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

153Posts Today

2,695Users online

Martin's Twitter