Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Summertime123
    • By Summertime123 9th Feb 18, 10:42 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Summertime123
    NTK but no ticket and denied POPLA code
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:42 PM
    NTK but no ticket and denied POPLA code 9th Feb 18 at 10:42 PM
    Hello,

I have read the newbies page (a couple of times now!) and it's been really useful but because I only came to this forum mid way through my appeals process I'm a bit lost and would really appreciate some advice.

I was apparently given a Parking Charge Notice back in December for the space that I pay to park in outside my flat (my permit expired over the weekend and because their office is closed over the weekend I was only able to pay for the new permit on the Monday morning and was given a PCN in the meantime). A private company manages the parking on behalf of the property management company. However, I checked the car multiple times over the weekend and there was no ticket. And the photo of the car they have shared with me shows the backing paper still attached to a third of the ticket and what looks like only a very small area that's actually attached to the windscreen).

Anyway, at the end of January I received a NTK and immediately emailed the debt collector with my defence which they rejected. So I called the debt collector and the parking operator (I know!, I now know this was a mistake!) to ask for the POPLA code and they're saying I can't have it because it's been more than 28 days since the ticket. I've also sent my evidence to the parking operator (on their website) but the debt collectors are replying on their behalf.

I'm concerned I've ruined my chances by calling them and don't know what to do next as can't submit anything to POPLA without that code.

Grateful for any advice - or if you think I'm repeating someone else's experience please say and I'll search again in the forum.

Thank you
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 9th Feb 18, 10:54 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:54 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:54 PM
    many parking Cos out there and at least two trade Assocs , who is the parking Co?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Redx
    • By Redx 9th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 18,119 Posts
    • 22,906 Thanks
    Redx
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    get the MA to cancel the pcn is your best bet

if you failed the 28 days appeal window once the NTK arrived, then that avenue is closed to you

do not phone either the PPC or the debt collector

the PPC has 6 years to try a court claim via MCOL
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 3,240 Posts
    • 4,286 Thanks
    waamo
    Meanwhile read this http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822
    This space for hire.
    • Summertime123
    • By Summertime123 9th Feb 18, 11:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Summertime123
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:11 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:11 PM
    Thank you for your replies

The Parking company who issued the fine was Wing Parking. Debt company is ZZPS. Not sure what you mean by Trade Association sorry?

The NTK is dated 24th January so 28 days hasn't passed on that but they're telling me the 28 days only applies to the ticket.

waamo - thank you for the link. This is the one I've looked at a couple of times but was just struggling to determine my next best move.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 11:14 PM
    • 57,473 Posts
    • 71,073 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:14 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:14 PM
    Wing operate a 3 stage appeal, so you have to repeat the first appeal to the landowner/client they name, within 14 days, then you get the POPLA code. Do NOT say who was driving.

This would have been easy to find out by searching the forum for 'Wing POPLA appeal' etc.

I hope when you appealed to the NTK, you did NOT appeal as driver...did not talk about what happened.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 10th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    I'm concerned I've ruined my chances by calling them and don't know what to do next as can't submit anything to POPLA without that code.

What you do now is watch this

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain forcibly to your MP. Harassing residentso parling in their own spaces is almost certainly contrary to their leasehold right to quiet enjotment of their property.

Next read these

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/residential-parking/

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/residential-parking.html

IMO it is probably better to name yourself as the driver in "own space" cases.
    Last edited by The Deep; 10-02-2018 at 10:53 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Summertime123
    • By Summertime123 10th Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Summertime123
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:53 PM
    Thank you all for all the really useful advice.

I read the 3 stage appeals process for Wing and the second stage says:

"Stage 2 appeals may be carried out directly by the Client according to their own internal appeals/complaints procedures".

Having searched the forums some more as Coupon-mad suggested I've found someone who's had an issue in the same Borough as me and so i'm using the details he/she posted with how to contact the Council for the second stage appeal. Wing Parking have never sent me these details though or any information about how to undertake the second stage of the appeal - they just keep implying there's no further appeal options.

So I'm going to contact the Council (for the Stage 2 step), and within a few days (if i'm having no luck) i'll also contact the Property Management Company and my MP.

I'll post an update in case it's useful for anyone else who reads this thread.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 10th Feb 18, 7:58 PM
    • 3,240 Posts
    • 4,286 Thanks
    waamo
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:58 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 7:58 PM
    Also complain to the BPA and DVLA that Wing are denying you the opportunity to appeal. Email addresses can be found with a search on here l.
    This space for hire.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin