Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Mikeyd81
    • By Mikeyd81 9th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Mikeyd81
    Egg PPI omplaint upheld but.....
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:40 PM
    Egg PPI omplaint upheld but..... 9th Feb 18 at 8:40 PM
    Hi,

Today Canada Sq have sent me a letter saying my PPI complaint regarding an Egg credit card has been upheld!!
    Great news I thought but as I read on the decision letter said this “after carrying out a full review or your account we can confirm that cardholder repayment protection was applied to your account however no premiums were actually charged during the period you had the policy. As a result no redress is due to you in this instance”

Does this seem right, has anyone else had similar?

To be honest this may be true as I have no statements, however I find it hard to believe that they would add an insurance policy whether miss sold or not and not charge someone for it! It just doesn’t add up to me.

Any advice would be great!
Page 1
    • Partridge89
    • By Partridge89 9th Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 46 Thanks
    Partridge89
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:52 PM
    Did you have a balance at the time the policy was in place? You only paid premiums if you had a balance so if you repaid the balance in full every month you wouldn!!!8217;t have paid anything. Hope this helps.
    • Mikeyd81
    • By Mikeyd81 9th Feb 18, 9:00 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mikeyd81
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:00 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:00 PM
    I!!!8217;m pretty sure that I wouldn!!!8217;t have paid off in full each month, but thanks didn!!!8217;t think of that!
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Feb 18, 9:19 PM
    • 16,841 Posts
    • 17,853 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:19 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:19 PM
    Great news I thought but as I read on...
    Originally posted by Mikeyd81
    It's still great news that you didn't pay any unnecessary premiums though.
    • societys child
    • By societys child 10th Feb 18, 10:55 AM
    • 5,197 Posts
    • 5,734 Thanks
    societys child
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:55 AM
    • 10th Feb 18, 10:55 AM
    It's still great news that you didn't pay any unnecessary premiums though.
    There have been a number of posters who don't see it that way, must be the 8% added extras . . .

• tracyankids
    • By tracyankids 28th Feb 18, 11:41 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tracyankids
    • 28th Feb 18, 11:41 AM
    • 28th Feb 18, 11:41 AM
    hi, I've had the exact same letter sent to me today, however I'm pretty sure I used egg card to make purchases and no way would I have paid off in full. (although I've no proof, but then I've not seen theirs either) I've sent an email to crt.pleaseassist@citi.com , the only contact method on letter, I've also asked for them to send me proof that I paid no premiums otherwise taking to fos. Will let you know how I get on .
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 28th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 11,623 Posts
    • 11,232 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    • 28th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    • 28th Feb 18, 11:49 AM
    hi, I've had the exact same letter sent to me today, however I'm pretty sure I used egg card to make purchases and no way would I have paid off in full. (although I've no proof, but then I've not seen theirs either) I've sent an email to crt.pleaseassist@citi.com , the only contact method on letter, I've also asked for them to send me proof that I paid no premiums otherwise taking to fos. Will let you know how I get on .
    Originally posted by tracyankids
    If you don't know how much you paid, and they don't know how much you paid (i.e. their records show zero) how much are you going to claim for?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 28th Feb 18, 11:55 AM
    • 20,156 Posts
    • 11,100 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 28th Feb 18, 11:55 AM
    • 28th Feb 18, 11:55 AM
    I've also asked for them to send me proof that I paid no premiums otherwise taking to fos.
    Originally posted by tracyankids
    I'm afraid the onus is on you to provide "proof" that you did pay premiums.

All the Bank can do is refer to their records which show you didn't pay, but they've already told you this.

You won't get anywhere with the Ombudsman with such a "complaint"
    • tracyankids
    • By tracyankids 28th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tracyankids
    • 28th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    • 28th Feb 18, 11:59 AM
    ok thanks for help I wont pursue if I don't hear anything back
    • -taff
    • By -taff 28th Feb 18, 9:05 PM
    • 7,407 Posts
    • 5,486 Thanks
    -taff
    If you want to see what data they hold, you send a SAR and £10. They don't have to supply you with anything you ask for unless you specifically send them a SAR .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,167Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin