Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jamie7878
    • By jamie7878 9th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jamie7878
    Cifas marker - helpp!!
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    Cifas marker - helpp!! 9th Feb 18 at 7:49 PM
    I NEED HELP!

My account was closed in January 2017 by Barclays and all my funds were held by Barlcays. The only thing they told me was it was due to terms and conditions, after a number of conversation with Barclays i was referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service after they spoke to Barlcays i got a letter with a number of transactions they were querying.

I was advised to put a portfolio together with either a letter or email from the person who made the transaction confirming they made the transaction and what the transaction was for. There was some transactions that were for meals, money owed (i bought something online for the person and they send the money at a later date) and some was for some personal things i sold such as trainers and clothing.

Once i sent this portfolio in proving nothing illegal or fraudulent was going on they released my funds although my account was still closed. I struggled to get any credit once this happened, i checked my credit file and i had a excellent score and nothing that would suggest i should get refused credit. I went into Barclays and asked if they put any marker on my account and they told me no. After doing some research months later i found that banks can put a CIFAS marker.

I went back into my local brach around 8 months later and explained the situation and asked the brach manager to look into my case and see if they have put a CIFAS marker on me, she looked into this and confirmed Barlcays have not put any CIFAS marker on me. I applied for a SAR form from CIFAS which came today and confirmed in January 2016 Barlcays put a Category 6 marker on me.

How do i get this removed? I have already proved to Barlcays that nothing fraudulent was going on and they accepted my evidence. I need this removing as soon as possible as its really effecting my everyday life.
Page 1
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 9th Feb 18, 8:11 PM
    • 31,463 Posts
    • 19,868 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:11 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:11 PM
    You tried writing to Barclays asking why you have the Marker if Barclays were happy with what you provided ?

Did you get a letter back from Barclays saying they were sorry for for this ?

You account was closed Jan 2017 yet the marker has a date of Jan 2017, you sure them dates are right ? Id expect the marker to have a date of nearer when the account was closed, maybe I've assumed wrong.
    Can people stop loaning money/being a guarator to family/friends, it rarely ends well and you lose out as your money is gone or you get shafted with being a guarantor.
    • jamie7878
    • By jamie7878 9th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jamie7878
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:53 PM
    Sorry i made a mistake - my account got closed in Jan 2017 and they put the marker on a few days after.

I'm just going through the process of writing to Barclays to try and get it took off
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,832Posts Today

8,341Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Facebook today admitted in parliament that after it heard of my defamation lawsuit against it for 50 fake scam ads? https://t.co/XttOnyH9sq

• RT @jamiesusskind: After more than 10 years, and with such sadness, I am leaving Labour. I'm doing it for the same reason that I joined: be?

• RT @Deeangelique_: I suggested @MartinSLewis get 'I Don't Do Ads' tattooed to his forehead yesterday. Today he posted this. I gave Martin L?

• Follow Martin