Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 5:55 PM
    • 9Posts
    • 0Thanks
    HJE2018
    Old PCN! Help
    • 9th Feb 18, 5:55 PM
    Old PCN! Help 9th Feb 18 at 5:55 PM
    Hi!

Iím new to this forum and have read the newbies thread about different charges and notices but it still doesnít really make sense to me as there is so much to take in!

I received a PCN on the 27th October 2017 about a claim of parking on the 23rd October 2017. The car was pulled into ďprivate landĒ to let a friend out of the car and the car stopped on the private land for 9 minutes and never in one of the parking spaces, the car also moved 3 times in those 9 minutes and was never parked so the engine was still running and lights were on etc. The friend was then let back in the car and drove away. There was no signage about not stopping on the private land only about where to pay which assumed it would be when parked in a designated space!?

Stupidly I sent an appeal about 5 days after the PCN was recieved and obviously lost. Iíve now received 4 more letters some from solicitors and the charge has gone up to £208. The company is one parking solution and Iíve received letters from zzps and QDR solicitors!?
    I would be hugely great full if anyone could help! Iím 7 months pregnant and could do without this worry and also without the fine if I donít have to pay it!

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:06 PM
    Post 4 of the Newbies thread covers this. Read it here.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=64350614&postcount=4
    This space for hire.
    • HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HJE2018
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:01 PM
    Okay so this link is saying to ignore them? Or am I reading this wrong?
    I had already sent an appeal letter so canít send the template?

The last letter from the so called solicitors says if the debt isnít paid in full in 14 days our client may consider county court... which I obviously want to avoid.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,811 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:03 PM
    Why not search the forum for QDR. You will learn loads more than on this thread.

No-one is saying you can't reply robustly, but it's not template appeal time.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• waamo
    • By waamo 9th Feb 18, 7:05 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:05 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:05 PM
    From that post
    To be clear - I recommend ignoring debt collectors, as the response leads nowhere - certainly NEVER ring them!
    Now you have appealed you cannot appeal again. That ship has now sailed.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 7:09 PM
    • 17,283 Posts
    • 27,228 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:09 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:09 PM
    the car stopped on the private land for 9 minutes and never in one of the parking spaces, the car also moved 3 times in those 9 minutes and was never parked so the engine was still running and lights were on etc.
    Why do think that moving 3 times, engine still running, and lights on doesn't constitute 'parking'?

Do you have some legal basis to back up your assertion, or are you making this up to suit your circumstances?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HJE2018
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:14 PM
    Because that is called driving. I wasn!!!8217;t parked in a designated space? Thanks everyone else for your help. Wasn!!!8217;t really after sarcastic replies Umkomaas. As I!!!8217;ve said I!!!8217;m 7 months pregnant and trying to sort this out without replies like that?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 17,283 Posts
    • 27,228 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    Because that is called driving. I wasn!!!8217;t parked in a designated space? Thanks everyone else for your help. Wasn!!!8217;t really after sarcastic replies Umkomaas. As I!!!8217;ve said I!!!8217;m 7 months pregnant and trying to sort this out without replies like that?
    Originally posted by HJE2018
    You need to understand the issues - that's what I'm trying to point out to you. Try telling that stuff to a Judge. Nothing sarcastic intended in my response.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 10-02-2018 at 4:49 AM.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:30 PM
    Stopping to let somebody out is parking.
    This space for hire.
    • HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 7:31 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HJE2018
    How would you know if this is even a healthy pregnancy? And I also know what it!!!8217;s like to sort out funerals of 2 still born but that is neither here nor there to what I originally posted about so thank you for trying to make me feel bad.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 7:39 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,811 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    To Umkomaas and HJE2018, I am so so sorry to hear about your tragedies. So sad.

Umkomaas was trying to help you, HJE2018. He was merely saying what a court might say, that stopping a car for any length of time (except, say, at a traffic light or crossing, or in a traffic queue) is parking it, and the fact there is a person at the wheel makes no difference.

We just want you to understand that argument: 'I wasn't parked' is not your strongest suit.

However, this scam is defendable, and predatory ticketing within minutes is not allowed, because there has to be a grace period to read the terms on signs, which were probably unreadable and scarely positioned (as per usual).

We are ALL on your side.

Have you watched the Parliamentary debate from last Friday on other posts here? You should. MPs have sussed the rogue industry.

Have you now searched the forum for QDR and found all the other advice already given every week or so? They are debt collector letters dressed up as solicitor letters.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 7:45 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HJE2018
    Firstly I wasn!!!8217;t condemning anybody? I was merely saying this isn!!!8217;t what I posted on here about, and to assume this was a healthy pregnancy isn!!!8217;t right? Not everybody has a healthy pregnancy unfortunately. To bring up about planning a funeral, where did that come from?

I have now searched the forum for QDR and now assume after what I!!!8217;ve read I should continue to ignore? and not even bother with the robust reply to which somebody called Daisy if I am correct has made a template on.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 9th Feb 18, 7:48 PM
    • 2,990 Posts
    • 3,853 Thanks
    waamo
    You haven't had a letter before action so no response is needed. If you get a letter before claim you need to respond.
    This space for hire.
    • HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HJE2018
    I can also confirm the signs were unreadable in the size of their font. I actually returned to the same place after I received the first letter to look for signs because they are so unclear and pulled up nearly next to them and had to still zoom in on my phone camera to even be able to read what they said.
    • HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HJE2018
    Thank you Waamo. I will continue to ignore these until I receive a letter before action them.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 7:51 PM
    • 17,283 Posts
    • 27,228 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I didn't raise the issue of pregnancy. As any regular will tell you - after more than 5 years of daily contribution to this forum - I have never raised any of my personal issues here.

You mentioned pregnancy, not me! And even with what I've said so far, you will never know the half of what I've had to deal with. Parking charges are insignificant!

• HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 7:55 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HJE2018
    All I said was I could do without the stress? I never mentioned Potters syndrome or planning funerals before you did but okay?
    I!!!8217;m sorry to offend but I don!!!8217;t wish to know anybody!!!8217;s personal life, I!!!8217;ve literally come on here for advice about parking.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 8:02 PM
    • 17,283 Posts
    • 27,228 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    All I said was I could do without the stress? I never mentioned Potters syndrome or planning funerals before you did but okay?
    I!!!8217;m sorry to offend but I don!!!8217;t wish to know anybody!!!8217;s personal life, I!!!8217;ve literally come on here for advice about parking.
    Nor do we wish to know anyone's very personal circumstances - but you first mentioned pregnancy, not me. As if it was a particularly special circumstance.

• HJE2018
    • By HJE2018 9th Feb 18, 8:26 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    HJE2018
    A very personal circumstance is mentioning a syndrome with is closer to home to some people than you may think. And you seem to have taken offence to just me saying I was 7 months pregnant and could do without the stress of dealing with threatening letters through the post from solicitors, which may I add may seem funny so someone like you who sees these things on a daily basis from people on here asking for advise but for someone else it is actually quite frightening having solicitors letters and the mention of a CCJ.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 11:50 PM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,811 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think you need to stop digging, stop mentioning this. Can we move on?

Stop reading old threads that have not been updated for years. You mentioned the ancient and out of date thread by zzzLazy Daisy from 2013, which is far too old to base a response to a LBC on.

The NEWBIES thread has the current advice and is edited almost every month. Post #2 mentions LBC stage.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

831Posts Today

7,181Users online

Martin's Twitter