Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 9th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 8,466Posts
    • 6,050Thanks
    LittleVoice
    Freedom Pass renewal
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    Freedom Pass renewal 9th Feb 18 at 3:20 PM
    Today I received letter about renewing my Freedom Pass (which is due to expire at the end of March).
    Went online and provided the renewal number, date of birth and digits from current pass and tried to create account and enable them to let me know when they were sending the pass to me.

This involves providing an email address. You are supposed then to get confirmation email to complete process. Nothing arrived so I wondered whether they didn't like the email address I used so "went back" using the link given on the page and had to re-enter all details and gave them another email address. Still no email - and it has been more than 20 minutes when it was supposedly sent straight away.

Has anyone else managed to create an account? Do they actually email straight away or do I have to wait hours?
Page 1
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 9th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 8,466 Posts
    • 6,050 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:42 PM
    So the email from the Freedom Pass people has arrived - 50 minutes after it was sent straight away.
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 9th Feb 18, 4:55 PM
    • 8,466 Posts
    • 6,050 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:55 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 4:55 PM
    BUT
    the letter said all I had to do was go to the website, enter the reference number, my date of birth and the last 4 digits of my current pass and confirm details
    AND
    that I didn't have to provide a photo because they had one
    I then had to upload ID (my passport) and proof of residence (my TV licence)
    and then it wanted a photo!!!!!

Crazy
    • LittleVoice
    • By LittleVoice 9th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    • 8,466 Posts
    • 6,050 Thanks
    LittleVoice
    • 9th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 5:27 PM
    And now I get another email where I don't have to provide all the ID stuff and it has confirmed that my renewal application will now be processed.

If anyone reads this because they are having problems - just be patient!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

58Posts Today

2,673Users online

Martin's Twitter