Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • toniq
    • By toniq 9th Feb 18, 2:47 PM
    • 28,402Posts
    • 620,791Thanks
    toniq
    Just been forced to password reset on MSE
    • 9th Feb 18, 2:47 PM
    Just been forced to password reset on MSE 9th Feb 18 at 2:47 PM
    Your password is 3850 days old, and has therefore expired.

Please change your password using this page.

I couldn't access comps board till I did it.

x
    HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY! HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!! HAPPY HAPPY JOY!!!!

Page 3
    • LHW99
    • By LHW99 10th Feb 18, 10:28 AM
    • 1,321 Posts
    • 1,220 Thanks
    LHW99
    And having logged in / changed password yesterday, got presented with the new ghastly pink site today. Then had to log in again.
    Maybe I missed a "keep me logged in" box, but didn't think i had!
    • EssexExile
    • By EssexExile 10th Feb 18, 11:13 AM
    • 2,873 Posts
    • 1,998 Thanks
    EssexExile
    And having logged in / changed password yesterday, got presented with the new ghastly pink site today. Then had to log in again.
    Maybe I missed a "keep me logged in" box, but didn't think i had!
    Originally posted by LHW99
    It did the same for me the first time but it's back to normal now.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 10th Feb 18, 11:33 AM
    • 20,187 Posts
    • 54,178 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Just a reminder that there's another thread running started by MSE Andrea:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5791325
    • RG2015
    • By RG2015 10th Feb 18, 12:15 PM
    • 1,263 Posts
    • 742 Thanks
    RG2015
    MSE email this morning asking me to try my old password, can only think they did not read my email telling them that the PW I thought it was, was not and that my old email address is no longer accessible. I know it is irrational that I would like the old one back but it did see me through some tough monetary times. Going back as a Newbie is not the same.
    BTW I now see what the apostrophe thread was about.
    Originally posted by GibbsRule No3.
    Have you tried clearing your cookies? I couldn't get to the reset login page but it was fine after I cleared my cookies (using the Google Chrome browser on Windows 10).
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 10th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    • 4,282 Posts
    • 9,657 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    It does seem strange that the one part of the site that requires a login does not have a certificate to allow it to be served over HTTPS whereas the main site which is mainly static content is automatically redirected to HTTPS.
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Jinhao159
    • By Jinhao159 10th Feb 18, 1:19 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    Jinhao159
    If this was planned and is meant to improve security by making us change passwords on a regular basis that would be OK. However, if that was the case I would have expected to have been warned about the change of policy.

I refuse to change my password on an insecure page. What is wrong with using https://

I have signed up as a new user, using an old email address that I haven't used for several years. At least if my details are intercepted they wont get any current info that is connected to my old log in.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 10th Feb 18, 1:58 PM
    • 4,255 Posts
    • 1,734 Thanks
    islandman
    That's all very well Andrea, but emails sent to me from MSE use a user name I do not remember every using, but will concede I may have done, and the email within your records is one I have had for many many years. Ideally I would like to amend all my details, but dare not for fear of being locked out again.
    Bowel screening saved my life, make sure it saves yours.
    • fermi
    • By fermi 10th Feb 18, 2:05 PM
    • 39,490 Posts
    • 47,510 Thanks
    fermi
    Confusing having multiple threads on this.

Comments should really go on the official MSE started one here I think.

--> Password update prompt
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

3,953Users online

Martin's Twitter