Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mrchrisbrogan
    • By mrchrisbrogan 9th Feb 18, 1:28 PM
    • 63Posts
    • 12Thanks
    mrchrisbrogan
    Yolt, OnTrees, Bankin, Money Dashboard
    • 9th Feb 18, 1:28 PM
    Yolt, OnTrees, Bankin, Money Dashboard 9th Feb 18 at 1:28 PM
    I have given all of these a try in the last few days.

Only MD and Yolt have been successful with all my accounts.

Bankin' and OnTrees fail on Credit Cards.

My main question though, is there any of these apps that show pending transactions - pending transactions are always the bane of my life...
Page 1
    • omega27
    • By omega27 9th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 253 Posts
    • 37 Thanks
    omega27
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:15 PM
    Have just installed Me&My Money to try myself:
    https://meandmy.money
    • brooza
    • By brooza 9th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    brooza
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 9:44 AM
    Have just installed Me&My Money to try myself:
    https://meandmy.money
    Originally posted by omega27
    That website is a bit too sparse for my linking, no way to tell which banks are supported etc
    • jimroy
    • By jimroy 9th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    • 37 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    jimroy
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 10:36 AM
    I signed up with Emma the other day and there was a problem syncing my main FD accounts. It's being looked into and remains unresolved.
    It did sync my Starling and Monzo accounts though. But until they sort my main accounts out I can't comment on it further. It's not fully fledged in any case.

I've also been using MD and Yolt. The former has the edge for me. Especially where you can add offline accounts to keep a manual record of accounts they don't sync with yet. You can also access it via the Web. MD looks very good on my phone, whereas Yolt is messy in my opinion. That's on Android. I don't know how the iOS apps compare yet.

The Tandem app is not as good with Predictions. Considering it has access to at least six months of regular payments and transactions, you'd think the algorithms would get it right. Tandem's app is the first one I've been using that gives you suggestions about saving money on eg. Energy Bills and noticing how regular payments fluctuate, eg the payment was less/more this month. You can vote on whether such info is useful or not per transaction too. It is much more visually appealing and minimalistic as an app, if that floats your boat. But it's still basic and 'work in progress.'

I'm looking forward to MD integration within Curve. They only integrate/support Xero at the moment but you can vote in-app for the ones you want integrating with next. MD being one of them.

So is OnTrees. I couldn't find it on the Google Play Store though as I wanted to try it and then on further investigation I'm reading reports that they're closing it down and it no longer works. I think it only worked on iOS in any case.

It'll be interesting to see how the legacy banks' money manager apps up the game as the year goes on....
    Last edited by jimroy; 12-03-2018 at 3:55 PM. Reason: Corrections and updates.
    • brooza
    • By brooza 9th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    brooza
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    • 9th Mar 18, 11:11 AM
    I've just signed up to MD as EMMA doesn't support all my credit cards and Yolt seems to be app-only, and I want to be able to use a website
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,141Posts Today

8,211Users online

Martin's Twitter