Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • imsi
    • By imsi 9th Feb 18, 1:10 PM
    • 229Posts
    • 51Thanks
    imsi
    Selling shares
    • 9th Feb 18, 1:10 PM
    Selling shares 9th Feb 18 at 1:10 PM
    My elderly father-in-law has some shares that he wants to sell and he's asked me if I would look into the best way to sell them. I've never owned shares myself so I'm finding this a little bit tricky. The shares he has are in Wessex Water, National Grid, Centrica , BG Group BT and Lloyds Bank.
    Some of these seem to be under a company called Equiniti on the shareview.co.uk website.
    I'm unsure whether he is free to sell with the cheapest broker or whether Equiniti have the right to charge a fee when shares are sold.
    Apologies if this sounds confused.
    Any advice on cheapest way to sell these shares would be welcome.
Page 1
    • AndyT678
    • By AndyT678 9th Feb 18, 2:53 PM
    • 736 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    AndyT678
    • 9th Feb 18, 2:53 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 2:53 PM
    Looks like 12.50 per trade to sell online or 35 per stock to transfer somewhere else.

http://www.shareview.co.uk/4/Info/Portfolio/Default/en/Home/Products/Documents/RatesandChargesIAISA.pdf

Are some of the holdings held elsewhere or are they all on shareview?
    • bowlhead99
    • By bowlhead99 9th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 7,987 Posts
    • 14,524 Thanks
    bowlhead99
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    I replied to your question on the general share dealing discussion thread at http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73855886&postcount=2628

That was before I saw you'd created a new thread with a bit more information here, but hopefully the answer is still valid.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,601Posts Today

6,817Users online

Martin's Twitter