Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Rexxel
    • By Rexxel 9th Feb 18, 10:09 AM
    • 32Posts
    • 7Thanks
    Rexxel
    Window quotes. Advice on who to choose please.
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:09 AM
    Window quotes. Advice on who to choose please. 9th Feb 18 at 10:09 AM
    Hello !!!128075;

We are having three new windows in our 2 up 2 down. Weíve had three people come to quote and Iím really not sure who to choose. I know this is money saving expert but I donít think itís always best just to go with the cheapest quote.

So,
    Quote 1 = £850 using Halo VEKA
    Quote 2 = £1175 using
Page 1
    • firefox1956
    • By firefox1956 9th Feb 18, 10:13 AM
    • 1,520 Posts
    • 904 Thanks
    firefox1956
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:13 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:13 AM
    You could get the most expensive windows / doors etc etc in the world but its all down to the skill of the fitters.
    Best advice would be to see some of the companies finished work.
    HTH
    • Bigphil1474
    • By Bigphil1474 9th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    • 827 Posts
    • 354 Thanks
    Bigphil1474
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:12 AM
    Have any of the companies been recommended? We had a new front external door with frame/window etc. fitted last September - quotes varied from £980 to £1500 for the type of door we wanted - we paid £1150 the second cheapest quote. The cheapest quote was from a one man band fitting the same door we got, but it took 3 attempts to get him to come out and do a quote, and 3 weeks for him to get back to us. We didn't want to wait 3 months to have the door fitted. The one we went with was recommended to us as well.
    If the quotes are for basically the same product then the difference is reliability/quality of work, time frame to do the job, and customer service if there are any problems.
    • Rexxel
    • By Rexxel 9th Feb 18, 12:18 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Rexxel
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:18 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:18 PM
    Hello, thank you.

We got all three quotes by posting the job on ratedpeople.

The highest quote business don't have any reviews on there but positive reviews on their facebook page. I think they've joined up as a company just over 12 months ago. The second highest has 14 reviews on rated people and 30 years experience whilst the cheapest quote has about 50 reviews on rated people but has had 3 different company names since 2006 (not sure if that really means anything).

I think i am looking into this a bit too much as we've had bad experiences in the past when getting our bathroom and boiler done.

Time frame wise, there all pretty much the same.

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

338Posts Today

4,014Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin