Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 9th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    • 3,611Posts
    • 15,649Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    What a vacuous world we live in
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:27 AM
    What a vacuous world we live in 9th Feb 18 at 8:27 AM
    Was unable to sleep last night and brain was in overdrive. Ended up thinking about the book To Kill a Mockingbird and for the life of me, I could not remember who wrote it. I was having a battle with myself about it being Harper Lee, so got my phone out to check. Silly me thought all I needed to do was type in Harper and it would be the first thing to appear on the list.

What is the world coming to when a child, who happens to be the offspring of a couple who seem to be always in the press because of a new tattoo or self promotion, comes before the author of one of the best books ever written?
    A smile costs little but creates much
Page 1
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 9th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 8,403 Thanks
    NBLondon
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:41 AM
    I would have thought a Pern reference might have come before Ms Lee - given that she was notoriously publicity shy. However, there are probably far more references to Little Miss Beckham because of the endless recycling of paparazzi photos and (not really) stories.
    Womble #7 - Running Total £9.56 $1.99 €3.35 S//0.10 (that's supposed to be 10 Ukrainian kopiyki but the site is refusing to display the symbol) Bds$0.10 A$0.05 C$0.88 S$0.20 zl0.02 (Polish grosze) LB0.22 (Bulgarian stotinka) ISKr 5 DKr 0.50 CHF 0.50
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 9th Feb 18, 9:51 AM
    • 5,468 Posts
    • 18,077 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:51 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:51 AM
    See here is me thinking that Harper Lee was a publisher and not an author. Oh well I fear I have mixed that up with HarperCollins.
    On the good side though I didn't even know there who harper beckham was but I have read all of the pern series, well infact I have read everything that Anne McCaffrey has written I think.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 9th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 7,906 Posts
    • 12,302 Thanks
    Sleazy
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:44 AM
    Until I just checked on Google, for some reason I always thought that Harper Lee was a 'he' and not a 'she'!
    I (usually) do whatever the little voices in my wife's head tell me to
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 9th Feb 18, 11:42 AM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 15,649 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:42 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:42 AM
    I would have thought a Pern reference might have come before Ms Lee - given that she was notoriously publicity shy. However, there are probably far more references to Little Miss Beckham because of the endless recycling of paparazzi photos and (not really) stories.
    Originally posted by NBLondon
    I hope you haven't passed on the idea for a book
    A smile costs little but creates much
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,989Posts Today

8,381Users online

Martin's Twitter