Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GM1880
    • By GM1880 9th Feb 18, 7:52 AM
    • 122Posts
    • 40Thanks
    GM1880
    Account Caution Flag Equifax
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:52 AM
    Account Caution Flag Equifax 9th Feb 18 at 7:52 AM
    Morning all,

Before I go all guns blazing having a moan to Equifax/BT i thought itíd be prudent to ask advice on here.

In short, I had a BT Sport contract about 4/5 years ago which I thought I closed when I moved in 2014. When I got my credit report in 2016 it showed a default for this account of £60 give or take. Though I was confident I closed it, i couldnít prove it, so agreed to pay what was left and be done with it. BT removed the default in 2016 and itís been shown as settled ever since with no late markers and no default date.

This morning I get a ĎAccount Cautioní alert on equifax on this account. It says ĎPayment received as a full and final settlement although the payment would not fully clear the balance.í

Thatís simply not true, though technically the account did default. Though they havenít marked it as such. Would I be right in assuming if I disputed it they couldnít reapply a default marker. To reiterate it was absolutely paid in full.
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 9th Feb 18, 8:04 AM
    • 16,408 Posts
    • 17,464 Thanks
    zx81
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:04 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:04 AM
    If there are no default or late payment markers, you can ignore the CRA alert.

You can pop your guns back in their holsters for now.
    • Spikey0306
    • By Spikey0306 18th Mar 18, 1:56 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Spikey0306
    • 18th Mar 18, 1:56 PM
    BT/Equifx
    • 18th Mar 18, 1:56 PM
    I've had a very similar situation although I couldnt settle the outstanding amount as the Collecting Agency wouldnt reopen the case. I posted a Notice of Correction reflecting this and then was contacted out of the blue by the collecting agency for payment. I mad a full payment a month ago but yesterday had a caution flag on the account saying "Partial".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

94Posts Today

1,501Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

• Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today? https://t.co/KexhjVVznY

• RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

• Follow Martin