Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 99redapples
    • By 99redapples 9th Feb 18, 3:05 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    99redapples
    odr npm
    • 9th Feb 18, 3:05 AM
    odr npm 9th Feb 18 at 3:05 AM
    a driver of a vehicle in my name misunderstood some signs at a work car park that was shared between his employer and another business with a car park ran by npm
    recieved a letter stating i must pay in full in 14 days or they may issue ccj proceedings

please help/advise on what i should do here as sadly the letters where being delivered to an address i moved from a while ago i went to visit landlord after an extented period of time and got this letter from qdr on behalf of zzps/npm

what can i do here?
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Feb 18, 6:13 AM
    • 17,283 Posts
    • 27,228 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:13 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:13 AM
    You need to do plenty of reading about the game you are now involved in. We have a very comprehensive section to help you get to grips with this. But please note, this is not a 'quick scan' job, then come back saying you're confused by it all. If you want to get rid of this, you have to put in the work - there is no silver bullet.

Please go to the forum thread list (one page back from this one) and look for the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, near the top of the thread list.

Read thoroughly, then come back with how you intend to tackle your problem and we will advise further to help you.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • 99redapples
    • By 99redapples 9th Feb 18, 8:28 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    99redapples
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:28 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:28 AM
    good morning and thanks for your quick response

i have been reading the newb thread but i am unsure if i should contact them or just begin disputing straight off the bat?

i have only just got hold of the letters halfway through the process
    • 99redapples
    • By 99redapples 9th Feb 18, 8:30 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    99redapples
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:30 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:30 AM
    i dont have a plan sadly

should i call them and give my correct address?
    Last edited by 99redapples; 09-02-2018 at 9:46 AM.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 8:43 AM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,811 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:43 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:43 AM
    That plan is doomed, this is NPM you are talking about. You can't negotiate with rogue ex-clampers:

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/National_Parking_Management.html_formerly_Northamp tonshire_Parking_Management.html

See how vanishingly unlikely a court claim is? Just two last year, not the sharpest legal minds.

You simply need to write to tell them your actual address (I agree about that) but not to throw excuses and apologies at them, which is how your planned response sounds. You have to fight fire with fire, a VERY robust letter telling them the actual address, without admitting who drives the car, not talking about the signs being confusing. Not to them, it's pointless.

Add to your reply, to ask QDR:

On what basis are NPM pursuing a keeper when they do not rely on the POFA 2012, and did QDR and their clients enjoy the Parliamentary debate last Friday, exposing the outrageous conduct of debt collectors and robo-claim solicitors (like ZZPS and QDR) cosily nestling with the rogue parking firms, and long overdue to be shaken up?!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5787731

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/parking-bill-moves-to-next-stage-will.html

Watch it in full, worth your while I promise:

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

handy quotes here from Hansard:

https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• 99redapples
    • By 99redapples 9th Feb 18, 8:47 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    99redapples
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:47 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:47 AM
    well it looks as if there are quite a few tickets and im just unsure where to start

its NATIONAL parking management zzps limited

i want to avoid getting a claim form if possible

i am going to take your advice here i wont call them then?
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Feb 18, 9:24 AM
    • 36,562 Posts
    • 82,820 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:24 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:24 AM
    well it looks as if there are quite a few tickets and im just unsure where to start

Originally posted by 99redapples
    With the question mark, that sentence doesn't make sense.

Remove the question mark and you have your plan of action.

Please also complain to your MP, pointing them to last Friday's parliamentary debate about the unregulated private parking industry as mentioned by C-m.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • 99redapples
    • By 99redapples 9th Feb 18, 9:28 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    99redapples
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:28 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:28 AM
    but i am worried they will put a claim form in thank you for replying

they have given a ccj to another user of the car park this is what alerted me to the fact i must be getting tickets
    With the question mark, that sentence doesn't make sense.

Remove the question mark and you have your plan of action.

Please also complain to your MP, pointing them to last Friday's parliamentary debate about the unregulated private parking industry as mentioned by C-m.
    Originally posted by Fruitcake

also from reading on here they say not to ignore these or have i misunderstood?

and can i ask do you think my mp would be able to help me directly with this issue?
    Last edited by 99redapples; 09-02-2018 at 9:35 AM.
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 9th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    • 2,547 Posts
    • 1,396 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 9:40 AM
    You have been advised in posts #2, #5 & #7 what to do. Parking companies and debt collectors cannot "give you" a CCJ, that is for the courts to issue and only then if you lose a small claims case and don't pay BUT as advised in post #5, it is unlikely to end up as a court case.
    • 99redapples
    • By 99redapples 9th Feb 18, 9:43 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    99redapples
    You have been advised in posts #2, #5 & #7 what to do. Parking companies and debt collectors cannot "give you" a CCJ, that is for the courts to issue and only then if you lose a small claims case and don't pay BUT as advised in post #5, it is unlikely to end up as a court case.
    Originally posted by Le_Kirk
    well another user of the car park has had a ccj via gladstones for the same matter so i want to take it seriously should i contact them and give them my correct address?

thank you for you help

should i wait and see if they put a claim in?

they have sent a letter with a 14 day deadline ?

could somebody potentially point me in the right direction of a template to send them that i can repost here when put together?

thank you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 9:52 AM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,811 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Originally posted by 99redapples
    Exactly that, do as advised. A robust reply making it clear you are aware of the Government/cross party action in condemning private parking firms unanimously.

NO PHONE CALLS!
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• 99redapples
    • By 99redapples 9th Feb 18, 10:02 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    99redapples
    Exactly that, do as advised. A robust reply making it clear you are aware of the Government/cross party action in condemning private parking firms unanimously.

NO PHONE CALLS!
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    would an email be ok do you think?

do you have any templates?
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 9th Feb 18, 10:03 AM
    • 9,029 Posts
    • 8,701 Thanks
    The Deep
    You are dealing with scum, ex clampers. The likelihood of them winning a court case against you, with our help, is very small indeed. A successful court win is complicated and needs a modicum of intelligence, an attribute not common in PPC World.

Watch what MPs said about these crooks last week in the HoC and complain in the strongest of terms to your MP

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41x
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 10:03 AM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,811 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The template was in #5, I spoon fed what to say...

• 99redapples
    • By 99redapples 9th Feb 18, 11:04 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    99redapples
    [QUOTE=Coupon-mad;73853858]That plan is doomed, this is NPM you are talking about. You can't negotiate with rogue ex-clampers:

See how vanishingly unlikely a court claim is? Just two last year, not the sharpest legal minds.

You simply need to write to tell them your actual address (I agree about that) but not to throw excuses and apologies at them, which is how your planned response sounds. You have to fight fire with fire, a VERY robust letter telling them the actual address, without admitting who drives the car, not talking about the signs being confusing. Not to them, it's pointless.

Add to your reply, to ask QDR:

On what basis are NPM pursuing a keeper when they do not rely on the POFA 2012, and did QDR and their clients enjoy the Parliamentary debate last Friday, exposing the outrageous conduct of debt collectors and robo-claim solicitors (like ZZPS and QDR) cosily nestling with the rogue parking firms, and long overdue to be shaken up?!

Watch it in full, worth your while I promise:

handy quotes here from Hansard:
    [QUOTE=Coupon-mad;73853858]

just to clarify the issued a ccj in the same car park to another user

so you say i should email with my correct address ?

im not sure where the template is sorry to waste your time or are you saying to use the quotes from hansard?

thank you
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 9th Feb 18, 11:22 AM
    • 36,562 Posts
    • 82,820 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    The template is in the NEWBIES thread which you said you have been reading. There is only one template.

Just send it exactly as it is.

The other stuff about parliament is for information, and so that you can use it when you complain to the landowner and your MP to show the disgusting behaviour of rogue parking companies.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 9th Feb 18, 11:25 AM
    • 56,149 Posts
    • 69,811 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    so you say i should email with my correct address ?
    Of course. They have your name and postal address, so you need to identify yourself when emailing or writing.

You don't need to use the NEWBIES thread template, I told you what to put, post #5.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 09-02-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,003Posts Today

8,283Users online

Martin's Twitter