Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cleggy1611
    • By Cleggy1611 9th Feb 18, 12:36 AM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Cleggy1611
    I ripped my coat on a store counter...
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:36 AM
    I ripped my coat on a store counter... 9th Feb 18 at 12:36 AM
    I was in a shop the other day when I caught my coat on the corner of a glass counter. It had a chip in it, making it sharp enough to make a small tear. Their customer services say they'll refund the cost as long as I send them the jacket. The email I received from them doesn't say that they intend to return it.

Do you think this is normal practice? I could still use it as a spare.
Page 1
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Feb 18, 12:46 AM
    • 5,622 Posts
    • 11,800 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:46 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:46 AM
    The cost of the whole jacket or to repair it?

If theyre giving you the cost of your jacket, then you cant keep it as well.

If you can use it as a spare then is it worth fussing over this small tear?
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 9th Feb 18, 12:57 AM
    • 20,148 Posts
    • 11,093 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:57 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:57 AM
    I could still use it as a spare.
    Originally posted by Cleggy1611
    Not only do you want the shop to pay for a new coat, you want the old one returned to you?

That would be betterment, of course, and will not happen.

I'm surprised the shop haven't simply offered the cost of an invisible repair to the "small tear"
    • Cleggy1611
    • By Cleggy1611 9th Feb 18, 7:44 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Cleggy1611
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:44 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 7:44 AM
    Yes, it's worth fussing over to me. It was expensive and shouldn't have happened. Ill send it back and get another one.
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 9th Feb 18, 10:54 AM
    • 5,622 Posts
    • 11,800 Thanks
    marliepanda
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:54 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:54 AM
    Yes, it's worth fussing over to me. It was expensive and shouldn't have happened. Ill send it back and get another one.
    Originally posted by Cleggy1611
    And that is fine!

What you cant do is ask for the money for another one and keep your ripped one as you wanted!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

91Posts Today

1,368Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin