Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kazzaw31
    • By Kazzaw31 8th Feb 18, 6:31 PM
    • 5Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Kazzaw31
    ParkingEye notice but live abroad
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:31 PM
    ParkingEye notice but live abroad 8th Feb 18 at 6:31 PM
    Hello everyone I am hoping someone can advise me my daughter who has lived for 2 years in Italy came to visit me in the UK for 2 weeks she in that period hired a car using my home address, now have received parking charge fee date issued 1/2/18 for overstaying 54 minutes in a free car park by parkingeye in a shopping estate on the 3/1/18 she has proof that she visited the shops and had meal and was not aware of a fixed time period. The fine is for 85 pound reduced to 50 if paid within 14 days any advice anybody can give would be greatly appreciated thank you
Page 1
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Feb 18, 6:36 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:36 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:36 PM
    forward it to her , tell her to appeal and state the correct address for service from now on

yes italy

also send letter by 1st class with free proof of posting stating pcn number and correct address
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Kazzaw31
    • By Kazzaw31 10th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kazzaw31
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:39 PM
    Thank you for your advice will forward to her asap and will pass on your advice x
    • sam4145
    • By sam4145 10th Feb 18, 1:38 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    sam4145
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:38 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:38 PM
    Presumably after that she could just ignore the letters? How are they going to take someone to court who lives in another country?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 1:43 PM
    no , keep up communication , and allow PE to waste money

remind daughter to add PE to xmas card list
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Grimble
    • By Grimble 10th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 407 Posts
    • 489 Thanks
    Grimble
    • 10th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    pappa golf, do they do proof of posting in Italy? Would it not be better for her Mum or Dad to forward Parking Lie the address in Italy with proof of posting from post office?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 10th Feb 18, 3:35 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 10th Feb 18, 3:35 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 3:35 PM
    yes as posted above , daughter appeals via website , mother posts letter from uk
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 12:31 AM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,120 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 11th Feb 18, 12:31 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 12:31 AM
    she has proof that she visited the shops and had meal and was not aware of a fixed time period.
    Daughter includes that proof with her appeal, but also proof of her address in Italy.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 11th Feb 18, 11:09 AM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:09 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 11:09 AM
    Daughter includes that proof with her appeal, but also proof of her address in Italy.

Why does she need to prove anything? Sometimes CM I wonder if you have quite got the hang of this parking lark.
    Last edited by The Deep; 11-02-2018 at 11:26 AM.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Feb 18, 3:53 PM
    • 57,564 Posts
    • 71,120 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    TD you are a card!

My advice is always tailored to try to make the Parking firm give up, not to continue bothering the person. She doesn't have to prove she is permanently domiciled in Italy but if she does, and shows that she was a genuine shopper, PE will cancel, IMHO. It's about forcing the issue closed.

The family need to make it not worth PE's while.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 11th Feb 18, 3:56 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    TD you are a card!

My advice is always tailored to try to make the Parking firm give up, not to continue bothering the person. She doesn't have to prove she is permanently domiciled in Italy but if she does, and shows that she was a genuine shopper, PE will HAVE TO cancel, IMHO. It's about forcing the issue closed.

The family need to make it not worth PE's while.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Kazzaw31
    • By Kazzaw31 12th Feb 18, 12:37 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kazzaw31
    Thank you all will inform Parking Lie of her address in Italy and truthfully she is so in the middle of nowhere it will take months to reach her via postal route will tell her to appeal via the net x
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 12th Feb 18, 1:10 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,980 Thanks
    The Deep
    Advise PE that they will need to send the letter by registered/signed for/tracked/very expensive post, or better still by DHL.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Kazzaw31
    • By Kazzaw31 12th Feb 18, 10:55 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Kazzaw31
    Thank you all x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

537Posts Today

5,487Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin