Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • islandman
    • By islandman 8th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 4,255Posts
    • 1,734Thanks
    islandman
    Samsung clock, single line route
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    Samsung clock, single line route 8th Feb 18 at 6:10 PM
    If you are someone that is not keen on the display of the Samsung phone clock, i.e. Spread over two lines, there is a solution. I've just found a YouTube explanation and it works.

Go to Settings-wallpapers & themes. At the bottom are three options, wallpapers,themes,icons. Clic on themes. Scroll about to find a clock layout that you want, forget all about colour/design, just identify the clock layout, i.e. Bold or otherwise, colour or b/w.. then download then apply.

You will find you have the clock as you've chosen, single line.

Now go back to settings, then wallpapers -themes. At the bottom, now click on wallpapers, scroll round till you find something that is to your liking. Download then apply.

You should now have clock and background as you've selected.

Go to settings again, wallpapers-themes but this time at the bottom, clic icons. Select your preferred one, download /apply .

By now hopefully like me, you will be pleased you've got one over Samsung.
    Bowel screening saved my life, make sure it saves yours.
Page 1
    • d123
    • By d123 8th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 7,218 Posts
    • 4,658 Thanks
    d123
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:52 PM
    You got one over Samsung by choosing a different Samsung theme in settings?

Ok...
    ====
    • sdduk
    • By sdduk 8th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    • 1,068 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    sdduk
    • 8th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 11:09 PM
    Why pay when you can get them free?

I use my own wallpaper plus simple digital clock widget you can make it how you want it in the setting.
    Great little clock.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect
    • islandman
    • By islandman 9th Feb 18, 6:30 AM
    • 4,255 Posts
    • 1,734 Thanks
    islandman
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:30 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:30 AM
    OK, so when Samsung did an update, that's when the screen clock changed format. I didn't care for it and unsuccessfully failed to restore it to single line. I used several search engines looking for a clue to restore it. Surprisingly enough, other users had tried that route before me, so that was interesting. A rejigging or search words, took me to youtube video's. One of them stated that most people choose wallpapers first and that's where they go wrong. I followed his explanation and achieved my aim.

All I wanted to do, was to offer help to those who might need it.
    Bowel screening saved my life, make sure it saves yours.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 9th Feb 18, 6:56 AM
    • 33,550 Posts
    • 28,508 Thanks
    custardy
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:56 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 6:56 AM
    If you are someone that is not keen on the display of the Samsung phone clock, i.e. Spread over two lines, there is a solution. I've just found a YouTube explanation and it works.

Go to Settings-wallpapers & themes. At the bottom are three options, wallpapers,themes,icons. Clic on themes. Scroll about to find a clock layout that you want, forget all about colour/design, just identify the clock layout, i.e. Bold or otherwise, colour or b/w.. then download then apply.

You will find you have the clock as you've chosen, single line.

Now go back to settings, then wallpapers -themes. At the bottom, now click on wallpapers, scroll round till you find something that is to your liking. Download then apply.

You should now have clock and background as you've selected.

Go to settings again, wallpapers-themes but this time at the bottom, clic icons. Select your preferred one, download /apply .

By now hopefully like me, you will be pleased you've got one over Samsung.
    Originally posted by islandman

Are you talking about the default clock,lock screen clock or always on display (AOD)clock?
    if its the default clock then of course its editable in Android?
    You think changing a setting Samsung allows you have is 'getting one over' on them?
    Last edited by custardy; 09-02-2018 at 7:05 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

216Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter