Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • newgirly
    • By newgirly 8th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 6,333Posts
    • 43,791Thanks
    newgirly
    Vodaphone vampires
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    Vodaphone vampires 8th Feb 18 at 6:10 PM
    Probably an over dramatic title but I'm so fed up with vodaphone sucking the life blood from me I cancelled my contract in October last year after being massively overcharged for data usage (which they agreed would be refunded) it took about six phone calls to get the money back, including them promising to refund it and not, insisting on getting a manager to listen to recorded phone calls to confirm I had been told I would get a refund- they did listen and apologised afterwards as it confirmed it.

I was offered the refund and then it never came again, final phone call a couple of weeks ago to them and they confirmed it had been credited to my account instead of refunded to my bank, finally it was refunded, received 31st January.

This morning I check my onlne bank to see that vodaphone have taken 30 out today, rang up and was told the account was not cancelled (although I've not been making payments the last few months) apparently as I requested a PAC code and didn't use it then account was never cancelled.

So literally half a dozen calls since November last year about my "final refund on my closed account" and not one vodaphone member of staff told me it wasn't closed. They have also charged double (30) as the price had been automatically put up as he contract has ended.

Even in this last phone call today the first person I spoke to went through the whole thing with me and said would put me through to the correct dept for a refund and when she did I was told by another member of staff there will be no refund!

Very frustrating, we are a big household with various different phone providers and I've never had such shocking customer service.
    MFW 21
    Target for 2018 40k/13,632 paid so far

Mortgage 36,319 4yrs left. Total owed 48,358 plan to clear in 14 months
Page 1
    • meer53
    • By meer53 8th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 9,191 Posts
    • 13,330 Thanks
    meer53
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:21 PM
    Call your bank and get the payment reversed under the direct debit guarantee indemnity. (If it was a DD of course)
    • ceh209
    • By ceh209 9th Feb 18, 10:10 AM
    • 760 Posts
    • 497 Thanks
    ceh209
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:10 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:10 AM
    And then cancel the DD so they can't take any more payments. Then check your credit files for the foreseeable future do check they don't put a default on - there have been lots of cases of this happening with Vodafone.

Your story sounds so similar to mine - I lost count of the number of 'official complaints' I made. I've been checking my credit file vigilantly as I'm applying for a mortgage at the moment.
    Excuse any mis-spelt replies, there's probably a cat sat on the keyboard
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 9th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 11:15 AM
    Probably an over dramatic title but I'm so fed up with vodaphone sucking the life blood from me I cancelled my contract in October last year after being massively overcharged for data usage (which they agreed would be refunded) it took about six phone calls to get the money back, including them promising to refund it and not, insisting on getting a manager to listen to recorded phone calls to confirm I had been told I would get a refund- they did listen and apologised afterwards as it confirmed it.

I was offered the refund and then it never came again, final phone call a couple of weeks ago to them and they confirmed it had been credited to my account instead of refunded to my bank, finally it was refunded, received 31st January.

This morning I check my onlne bank to see that vodaphone have taken 30 out today, rang up and was told the account was not cancelled (although I've not been making payments the last few months) apparently as I requested a PAC code and didn't use it then account was never cancelled.

So literally half a dozen calls since November last year about my "final refund on my closed account" and not one vodaphone member of staff told me it wasn't closed. They have also charged double (30) as the price had been automatically put up as he contract has ended.

Even in this last phone call today the first person I spoke to went through the whole thing with me and said would put me through to the correct dept for a refund and when she did I was told by another member of staff there will be no refund!

Very frustrating, we are a big household with various different phone providers and I've never had such shocking customer service.
    Originally posted by newgirly
    So did you or did you not request a PAC?

If you did why did you not use it?

If you don't use it the contract continues unless you give 30 days notice instead.

It's use one or the other, if you do neither it will continue.

As for doubling the charge it seems very strange.
    • spirit
    • By spirit 9th Feb 18, 12:10 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 6,213 Thanks
    spirit
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:10 PM
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:10 PM
    If you post on the phone board, I think they have a rep who will answer your queries.

oh, and it's Vodafone, not Vodaphone
    Mortgage free as of 10/02/2015. Every brick and blade of grass belongs to meeeee.
    • newgirly
    • By newgirly 10th Feb 18, 12:29 PM
    • 6,333 Posts
    • 43,791 Thanks
    newgirly
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:29 PM
    • 10th Feb 18, 12:29 PM
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I did request a pac code but was unaware that if it was not used the contact would continue. That is my fault but I guess the issue is more that after 6 or 7 conversations about my closed account nobody told me it was still running, with no money being taken by direct debit until a few days ago I didn't realise.

That's good advice re the direct debit guarantee I hadn't thought of that, I had already cancelled the DD just incase.

Anyway all has now been resolved with a further call to the complaints department who refunded the 30, it has put me off using them again though as I've never had so many staff contradicting each other.
    MFW 21
    Target for 2018 40k/13,632 paid so far

Mortgage 36,319 4yrs left. Total owed 48,358 plan to clear in 14 months
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

84Posts Today

1,980Users online

Martin's Twitter