Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jandrew
    • By jandrew 8th Feb 18, 5:44 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 0Thanks
    jandrew
    any reason to NOT take loan?
    • 8th Feb 18, 5:44 PM
    any reason to NOT take loan? 8th Feb 18 at 5:44 PM
    As I understand, the rational choice is to fund uni with student loans as it's essentially a no-win no-pay guarantee, unless you go on to make big bucks you'll likely never pay it back. But, is there any circumstance in which it would be sensible to pay fees / costs upfront from your own pocket? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 8th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    • 20,326 Posts
    • 16,083 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 6:47 PM
    Well, you've already said it yourself, if you expect to be earning a very high wage as soon as you graduate and you have enough money saved up already to pay the fees yourself then it's an option to consider.
    • agatham
    • By agatham 21st Mar 18, 12:51 PM
    • 29 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    agatham
    • 21st Mar 18, 12:51 PM
    • 21st Mar 18, 12:51 PM
    I would suggest you to find a way to pay from your pockt first. I did that and I felt free when I graduated. That said, you might get a bit lazy to start your career if you don't have the pressure of paying off the debts. I say this because some of my Univ friends who paid in advance from their pocket felt a bit sluggish when they finished the course.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

3,760Users online

Martin's Twitter