Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    • Martin.B
    • By Martin.B 8th Feb 18, 5:13 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Debt Query
    • #1
    • 8th Feb 18, 5:13 PM
    Debt Query 8th Feb 18 at 5:13 PM
    I had a letter from County court business centre this morning

    Judgement for Claimant (acceptance)

    To the Defendant
    You have made an offer of payment which the claimant has accepted
    It is therefore ordered that you must pay the claimant 2960.50 for debt (and interest to date of Judgement and 155 for cost)

    I rang the courts to query this as i can not remember even making an offer
    The Told me that this was from 2011 when i had made this offer (i can not honestly remember if i did or not)

    After ringing the company involved (I.N.D. Ltd) They have told me its from an old Credit card and that id made an admission to owing them 1100 in 2011 i can honestly say i have revived no correspondence since then until today, on further investigation the company said due to a clerical error my original admission has not been filed until 30th Jan 2018 So some 7 years later and now i owe them 3115.50p ( 8% interest a year added)

    This can be right i agreed to pay a monthly payment back in 2011 for 1100 heard nothing from anybody about this until 7 years later when suddenly i owe them over 3000 because of there clerical error in processing what id agreed in 2011.

    The company said nothing they can do the court has made the ruling..

    Any Advise/ Help

Page 1
    • fatbelly
    • By fatbelly 8th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • 12,157 Posts
    • 9,188 Thanks
    • #2
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    • #2
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:25 PM
    That sounds like an abuse of process, but proving it might be difficult.

    The better legal brains are over on legal beagles

    though that may not be the most appropriate sub-forum.
    • sourcrates
    • By sourcrates 9th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • 13,694 Posts
    • 13,036 Thanks
    • #3
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    • #3
    • 9th Feb 18, 12:28 PM
    Agree with Fatbelly, its Legal advice you need on this.

    Legal Beagles is a good start, and i recon a good solicitor, or advice from one, could get this thrown out, depends if you have the means or the ability to take this further.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Credit File And Ratings, and
    Bankruptcy And Living With It, boards. "I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly".
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to Any views are mine and not the official line of

    For free debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or, CAB.
    For Free Legal advice see :
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

791Posts Today

5,756Users online

Martin's Twitter