Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • smem18
    • By smem18 8th Feb 18, 5:09 PM
    • 51Posts
    • 38Thanks
    smem18
    Sourcing a matching kitchen panel
    • 8th Feb 18, 5:09 PM
    Sourcing a matching kitchen panel 8th Feb 18 at 5:09 PM
    Hello,

We bought a new build flat and moved late last year. Getting a dishwasher was always a priority for us (as there is no obvious space next to the sink to put dirty dishes and water from the drying rack goes everywhere).

We were told a all the plumbing and electricity had been put in for a dishwasher and therefore, very naively, assumed that installing a dishwasher would be very easy.

Wrong!

It turns out its not an easy job at all. We need to employ a carpenter to half destroy the kitchen by cutting parts out of the kickboard and also the fascia above the cupboard in order to get one in, and then we need replacement panels to repair the damage essentially. Its the only way.

The cupboards are an usual colour. I have the colour code.
    I tried googling but I don't think I'm googing the right thing - sorry I'm pretty new at all of this DIY/hiring carpenters stuff being a first time buyer.

How does one go about getting kitchen panels that match the colour and texture of their existing kitchen doors?

Also, when I hire a carpenter, what are the things I must do? E.g. get a quote in writing? Check his references? etc.
Page 1
    • CKdesigner
    • By CKdesigner 11th Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    • 1,201 Posts
    • 626 Thanks
    CKdesigner
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    • 11th Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    Hi

If its a new build flat then contact the developer, ask them where the kitchens came from? What make are they?

If the developer got the kitchens from a normal kitchen retailer then I am sure they would be able to supply the kitchen fitter to do the job as well as the materials.

The developer is absolutely your first place to call.

Good luck

CK
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,642Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin