Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • laroc
    • By laroc 8th Feb 18, 2:42 PM
    • 69Posts
    • 12Thanks
    laroc
    EuroCarParts.com
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:42 PM
    EuroCarParts.com 8th Feb 18 at 2:42 PM
    When you visit their web site, you are invariably offered a discount such as "Weekend50 or Save33"

I was under the impression that this gave you 50% or 33% discount, but the figures on my invoices didnt make sense. Armed with a calculator neither worked out to 50 or 33%

I have now learnt from Europarts, these are purely Discount Codes but the customer will have no idea of what discount they will receive.
    The end figure such as 50 or 33 is meaningless.
    I did learn that on one occasion "80" was used
    Even my local store had no idea from the code what discount was
    being offered.
Page 1
    • wgl2014
    • By wgl2014 8th Feb 18, 2:48 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    wgl2014
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:48 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:48 PM
    Not all items are included in these almost permanent 'sales'.

What did you work out the discount to be? The current Save33 code is advertised as being a 33% discount.
    • Nobbie1967
    • By Nobbie1967 8th Feb 18, 2:52 PM
    • 734 Posts
    • 813 Thanks
    Nobbie1967
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:52 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:52 PM
    It's always 'upto 50%' off, or they exclude stuff. I always look at the price once in my basket and the code applied and then compare to EBay and their sister company Car Parts for Less, who seem to just have everyday low prices.

Just shop around
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 8th Feb 18, 4:54 PM
    • 26,833 Posts
    • 10,786 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 8th Feb 18, 4:54 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 4:54 PM
    As above its upto %. Brake pads maybe upto 33% but the discs may onyl be 25% etc.

The prices are often inflated just before the offer also.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Troll Stoppers
    • By Troll Stoppers 8th Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 25 Thanks
    Troll Stoppers
    • 8th Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 5:37 PM
    As above its upto %. Brake pads maybe upto 33% but the discs may onyl be 25% etc.

The prices are often inflated just before the offer also.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    I agree. But with branded goods EG car battery, Exide and Bosch, much cheaper with discount when compared to Halfords. However, Halfords offer a fitting service that is only a few quid.
    • Iceweasel
    • By Iceweasel 8th Feb 18, 7:48 PM
    • 4,311 Posts
    • 3,163 Thanks
    Iceweasel
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:48 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:48 PM
    ECP seem to always have a sale of some sort - it's just modern marketing hype mostly.

Don't forget that there is also

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/car-parts?gclid=Cj0KCQiAh_DTBRCTARIsABlT9MZAgaLzp2dM1U ZtpbiooEc9AZb2W05hVCr33E908rgB673e33GqS08aAlLXEALw _wcB

They are the same company but witha different price structure that often beats ECP on price.

Then there is the not to be confused with ECP, quite similarly named but totally different

http://www.europarts-motorfactors.com/Default.aspx

They seem to have a smaller range but can often beat the big boys.

I use them a lot.
    • laroc
    • By laroc 9th Feb 18, 8:15 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    laroc
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:15 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:15 AM
    A lot of you have not grasped that the discount such as "Save33" does NOT mean 33%
    There is no % sign after the code
    I reiterate that EuroParts HO states this is just a code and it does imply a percentage discount
    The only way as far as I can see, is to buy the product then work out what discount you have been given

Last weekend they offered "Weekend50"
    During the week with a Mammoth Discount Sale they offered "Save33"
    This weekend its advertised as "Weekend35"

I will just throw this in for good measure
    The price quoted online includes VAT
    Now do they take the VAT off before giving a discount, then put the VAT back on ?
    Last edited by laroc; 09-02-2018 at 8:46 AM.
    • laroc
    • By laroc 9th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    laroc
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    Not all items are included in these almost permanent 'sales'.

What did you work out the discount to be? The current Save33 code is advertised as being a 33% discount.
    Originally posted by wgl2014
    It does not, there is no % sign
    Last edited by laroc; 09-02-2018 at 8:46 AM.
    • wongataa
    • By wongataa 9th Feb 18, 10:02 AM
    • 1,287 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    wongataa
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:02 AM
    • 9th Feb 18, 10:02 AM
    Well the current offer code is WEEKEND35 and it is quite clearly stated on the home page this is 35% off (not including excluded items). SAVE33 would mean a 33% discount on eligible products.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 9th Feb 18, 10:04 AM
    • 10,842 Posts
    • 7,677 Thanks
    neilmcl
    It does not, there is no % sign
    Originally posted by laroc
    The banner quite clearly states "35% off Online* - Use code WEEKEND35"

I just put 2 bottles of Sonax BSD total 22.98, added the code which reduced it to 14.94, ie, 35% off.
    Last edited by neilmcl; 09-02-2018 at 10:07 AM.
    • laroc
    • By laroc 9th Feb 18, 9:32 PM
    • 69 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    laroc
    So how do you explain when I used "Weekend50" I spent 61 and received 26.97 Discount
    I am only telling you what I was told by the Manager of Customer Services, when I complained
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 9th Feb 18, 9:48 PM
    • 5,891 Posts
    • 2,693 Thanks
    LeeUK
    They had a good discount code just after Xmas where I got 12 off a 32 order along with free delivery. So where as 'weekend35' and 'save33' are touted all the time, they do release other more better ones now and then.

Also the free delivery I got ended up arriving next day so was technically like getting a delivery upgrade for free.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 9th Feb 18, 10:37 PM
    • 26,833 Posts
    • 10,786 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    I agree. But with branded goods EG car battery, Exide and Bosch, much cheaper with discount when compared to Halfords. However, Halfords offer a fitting service that is only a few quid.
    Originally posted by Troll Stoppers
    Not sure what Halfords has to do with Euro discounts? But yes they fit but any local garage will also fit the stuff and more likely to know what they are doing.

Carparts4less = Euro's online side. Often cheaper, but sometimes the Euro discount matches the online prices.

Got a battery from Carparts4less recently. A good 30+ cheaper even with the discounts because CP4L also have discounts.

And yes Euro have a lot of offers i get 2 or 3 emails a week with offer codes. They also have 2 hour special offers.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 9th Feb 18, 10:58 PM
    • 5,891 Posts
    • 2,693 Thanks
    LeeUK
    Not everything on ECP are available on CP4L.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 9th Feb 18, 11:00 PM
    • 5,891 Posts
    • 2,693 Thanks
    LeeUK

Then there is the not to be confused with ECP, quite similarly named but totally different

http://www.europarts-motorfactors.com/Default.aspx

They seem to have a smaller range but can often beat the big boys.

I use them a lot.
    Originally posted by Iceweasel
    That would be EPMF not ECP.
    • Mr.Generous
    • By Mr.Generous 9th Feb 18, 11:28 PM
    • 1,763 Posts
    • 2,654 Thanks
    Mr.Generous
    I always check GSF car parts and Unipart too for a comparison before ordering anything.
    www.gsfcarparts.com/
    and
    www.unipartautostore.com/
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 10th Feb 18, 10:39 AM
    • 10,842 Posts
    • 7,677 Thanks
    neilmcl
    So how do you explain when I used "Weekend50" I spent 61 and received 26.97 Discount
    I am only telling you what I was told by the Manager of Customer Services, when I complained
    Originally posted by laroc
    No idea without knowing exactly what you bought. Not all items are covered by the discount codes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,846Posts Today

7,871Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I hate customer service lines that ALWAYS say, every time you ring (at any time in the day)... "sorry we are experi? https://t.co/GGCGM0WNai

• After the news I'm suing facebook over scam ads, people keep sending me ads with my pic in asking, ?is THIS ad with? https://t.co/lhTmijgnWt

• So Facebook just waxed lyrical about all the things they're doing to stop fake ads. Whoop de whoop. Yet THESE SCA? https://t.co/hP4q6kRuuQ

• Follow Martin