Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Polgara61
    • By Polgara61 8th Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Polgara61
    Multi rate electricity v one rate tariff
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:24 PM
    Multi rate electricity v one rate tariff 8th Feb 18 at 2:24 PM
    My mother-in-law is 87 in sheltered housing and has economy 10 wet radiators on a multi rate tariff. SSE have offered her the option to change to a one rate tariff without the need to change meter. Does anyone know of any other companies who are offering this so I can compare prices.
Page 2
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Heatwise Meters
    Hiya, we have been with E on for 19 years and was on the Heatwise meter for our storage heaters. We also was made to have our meter took out last March due to phasing out these meters. After talking to E on for over 2 hours trying to find out how this would affect us financially we had to decide on either E7 or E10 meter. We opted for E10 but was blind as E on couldn't tell us the tarriff per KWH for both E7 and E10. After the meter was fitted we found out how much more we are going to have to pay. See below.

Heatwise -
    Peak rate was 13.21 per kwh
    Off peak was 8.28 per kwh
    Standing charge was 15.64 per day

E10 tarriff now -
    Peak rate is now 18.29 per kwh
    Off peak is now 10.05 per kwh
    Standing charge 15.64 per day

This has put our yearly bill up by approx £360 a year. We are now going through the energy ombudsmen as E on are not taking responsibility in there appalling customer service.

My advice would be to get off E10 and onto E7 and get away from E on as quick as possible. They just rip you off and there prices are very expensive. If you go with a cheaper company on E7 or a single rate meter you will save money.

Sian x
    Originally posted by Sian2769
    Hello Sian.

Helena has offered to help with this on another thread as per the link below.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5801749

As we speak, we haven't heard from you. Should you still need help please contact Helena as per the contact details she posted.

Please ignore this if you no longer need help or it's been sorted.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Economy 18 Meter
    Thank you for that information Sian. Unfortunately we are stuck with EON as they have control of all the 22 flats here. I have spent several hours phoning EON being put on hold and transferred to different departments without getting an answer!! When I feel up to it I will try what Malc suggested but don't hold out much hope Mal x
    Originally posted by mal01502
    Hello mal01502.

You're not stuck with us. Even though we might supply the electricity to all the other properties, as the bill payer, you can switch supplier. I suspect we were the original supplier when the flats were first built and worked with the developer/builder at the time. As I say, though, this doesn't necessarily mean you or your fellow residents can't change supplier now.

If you haven't already, please talk to our Simpler Metering team as above.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,306Posts Today

8,038Users online

Martin's Twitter