Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LEOMACK
    • By LEOMACK 8th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    • 3Posts
    • 2Thanks
    LEOMACK
    Railway Indigo New Car Registration Ignored
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:30 AM
    Railway Indigo New Car Registration Ignored 8th Feb 18 at 10:30 AM
    I pay an annual parking ticket at my local rail station, have done for about 5 years. I also have a contract hire car so change vehicle every 1 or 2 years. I always let the operator Indigo know the new car registration for the relevant annual ticket.
    This year they have continued to ignore my request and have been sending me PCNs randomly most times I park there despite my continual e-mails, telephone calls etc to ZZPS, PCN, INDIGO and the Station staff to request that they update their records with my new car registration details (and remove the old).
    I do not own the car that they have the registration for and no one is parking it there, so they are not out of pocket - I have paid 1000 for parking a vehicle there and have told them the registration details but they continue to ignore me and send PCN after PCN... stating that I need to show them a ticket with my car registration which I can not do as they will not update the file.... What can I do? (PS: I am still getting PCNs despite this going on since August)
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    • 17,621 Posts
    • 27,847 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:38 AM
    Complain to the DVLA - ask if they will help you.

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk

Similarly to the BPA:

aos@britishparking.co.uk - FTAO Mr Steve Clark

Complain to your MP and ask if he/she will intervene on your behalf. Private Parking and rogue operators have been the subject of high level debate last week in Parliament.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • LEOMACK
    • By LEOMACK 8th Feb 18, 2:55 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LEOMACK
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:55 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 2:55 PM
    That's helpful thanks, I will do that. Any particular angle or just go with the basic facts?
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 8th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 4,122 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:04 PM
    Any particular angle
    From the rear with a large boot attached.

Leaving that aside, this may be an indication that ZZPS (on indigo's behalf) are not able to access the Keeper's database and just using historical data. You can check by asking the hire company to ask the DVLA if the KADOE database has been accessed.

ZZPS will likely spin this as "if only we could use the KADOE database" but rules is rules and they should be closed down.

Expect more nonsense from ZZPS so consider sending them a claim for harassment. I'm sure a few of us would chip in for the amusement.
    Last edited by IamEmanresu; 08-02-2018 at 3:09 PM.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Feb 18, 3:22 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:22 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:22 PM
    dvla and indigo are "in bed" with each other , although DVLA say no data being released , THEY ARE ACCESSING it !! as of now , today!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=73849585&postcount=16
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Feb 18, 3:28 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:28 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:28 PM
    The House of Commons had a second reading of a bill to curb these scammers last Friday, you can watch it here

https://www.stepchange.org/debt-info/ccj/set-aside-ccj.aspx

Might I suggest that you give the pot a stir and tell your story to your MP and complain robustly in writing to your Local Council Trading Standards Department, (avoid CAB who are useless).
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • LEOMACK
    • By LEOMACK 8th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    LEOMACK
    • 8th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 4:01 PM
    I've just sent my MP a letter and will now amend and send to any and all Organisations I can find.
    I am in to the tune of around 6000 so if they honestly think I am going to just roll over and pay them they are wrong. They just keep telling me that my car is not on their records and send me another PCN despite me pointing out that every single Appeal states that they have the wrong Reg. and need to update their records.

Thanks all... keep those ideas coming.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 8th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 3,246 Posts
    • 4,294 Thanks
    waamo
    • 8th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    The good news is after 6 months each ticket is dead in the water. They will continue to send their demands but there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.
    This space for hire.
    • Handbags-at-dawn
    • By Handbags-at-dawn 8th Feb 18, 4:53 PM
    • 115 Posts
    • 244 Thanks
    Handbags-at-dawn
    Oh my. This is outrageous and you deserve substantial compensation. You've got a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998; misleading and aggressive practices contrary to Consumer (Protection from Unfair Trading) Regs 2008 as amended by the Consumer Amendment Regs 2014; and harassment contrary to Protection from Harrassment Act. All criminal offences.

You should sue them. Google the case of Ferguson v British Gas (I tried to give you the link but it wouldn't work) - you can see how the Courts don't like big companies bullying individual people.

Indigo's big sister is Indigo Park Services UK Ltd, who caused such grief to all those nurses at the University Hospital of Wales last year.
    Last edited by Handbags-at-dawn; 08-02-2018 at 4:58 PM.
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 8th Feb 18, 6:07 PM
    • 2,313 Posts
    • 4,122 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    I am in to the tune of around 6000
    They say you owe 6k and they won't do anything about it? Shows the issues here in a clear light.

Love to get this one in front of a judge so the sham can be exposed.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Feb 18, 6:13 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    every attempt to get your info after the initial acceptance of there fault , could be looked on as "naughty"

especially as indigo have stated they are not asking for info from railway sites
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

131Posts Today

1,732Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin