Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 8th Feb 18, 8:37 AM
    • 40Posts
    • 15Thanks
    keithtoon
    Highview Parking DATELINE
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:37 AM
    Highview Parking DATELINE 8th Feb 18 at 8:37 AM
    Hi all,
    Love this forum!!
    I have looked to see if i could answer my owen question but to no avail!
    I have a Charge Notice sent to me from Highview Parking "Date of Notice"23/1/2018.
    My vehicle was photographed over staying in a Tesco car park. I was not the driver!!!
    Yes i am the owner but i use a company vehicle and was miles away on this day i have proof.
    My query is this..
    Offence ........ ... 28/11/17
    Charge Notice.. 23/01/2018
    Notice received .2/2/2018
    Is this legal to wait this long?
    Is this notice still valid?:
    Thank you in advance guys.
    KeithToon
    Last edited by keithtoon; 08-02-2018 at 8:37 AM. Reason: spell check
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 19,828 Posts
    • 31,316 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:40 AM
    Just send in the initial appeal (simply copy and paste - donít change anything) from the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, and HV will cancel. Send it via the method HV require (shown in their letter to you).

There have been very speedy cancellations - less than 2 hours. Go beat that.
    Last edited by Umkomaas; 08-02-2018 at 9:28 AM.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 8th Feb 18, 9:03 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    keithtoon
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:03 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:03 AM
    Thank you, still trying to find it lol...is there a spelling mistake in your answer???
    Sorry i am trying!!!!
    Keith toon
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 19,828 Posts
    • 31,316 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:30 AM
    Thank you, still trying to find it lol...is there a spelling mistake in your answer???
    Sorry i am trying!!!!
    Keith toon
    Originally posted by keithtoon
    If you mean the !!!8216;!!!821!! nonsense - not a spelling error, but the way the iPad and MSE forum have been interacting when using an apostrophe, especially when predictive text inserts one.

I have now found a work-around!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 8th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    keithtoon
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:44 PM
    sent email from there link had a response.....
    "been put on hold????
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 8th Feb 18, 3:59 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,309 Thanks
    pappa golf
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:59 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 3:59 PM
    sent email from there link had a response.....
    "been put on hold????
    Originally posted by keithtoon

for more than 2 hrs , definitely complain to BPA (joke)
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 6th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    keithtoon
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 1:15 PM
    Hi all, A big big thank you to Umkomaas i have had parking fines dropped...YEEEEE Haaaa!
    I will make a donation to a charity.
    Thank you for a great forum!
    Keithtoon.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,676 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    • 6th Mar 18, 2:46 PM
    Course it was cancelled, these are not fines, and Highview can't hold a keeper liable.

And...drum roll...

..this is confirmation that the *new* single template appeal (changed in the last week of January to suit IPC and BPA firms) works as intended. It was described as a 'hatchet job'...!

Never in doubt by the regulars that the appeal says what it needs to say, but nice to see confirmed.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 06-03-2018 at 2:52 PM.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 7th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    keithtoon
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    • 7th Mar 18, 8:38 AM
    Morning guys!
    Was spouting off that i had been on your forum and your advice enabled me to successfully win my parking charge.
    My big mouth was heard and low and behold a young lady has told me up here in Bury St. Edmunds her husband received a a parking fine in the post from NPE yesterday. Her husband was NOT driving the vehicle his mechanic was driving (lol the mechanic is in the picture)
    Do i tell her to go the same route for an appeal?
    Big thank you for any help that comes...
    Keithtoon
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Mar 18, 10:17 AM
    • 19,828 Posts
    • 31,316 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Do i tell her to go the same route for an appeal?
    Nope, because NPE are a far different kettle of fish to Highview who are the most benign of operators. NPE won't capitulate so easily. Additionally NPE are IPC members, HV are BPA members, so quite different appeal channels, processes and forum strategies.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203628681-Norfolk-Parking-Enforcement-Ltd

It will be significantly more difficult to shake this off than your experience with HV - their tickets are the easiest in PPC world to kill off.

Best if the registered keeper of the vehicle you refer to reads the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, then opens a new thread if they need further guidance.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 7th Mar 18, 10:38 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    keithtoon
    Umkomaas...
    Thank you for quick reply...i will copy n paste the post to her.
    regards
    keithtoon
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Mar 18, 10:50 AM
    • 10,247 Posts
    • 10,139 Thanks
    The Deep
    This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences.

Parking Eye, Smart and a smaller company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They nearly always lose) and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind most of these companies may well be put out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • keithtoon
    • By keithtoon 10th Apr 18, 11:24 AM
    • 40 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    keithtoon
    hi all,
    Just another big thank you...my 2nd appeal was won!!!!
    WE have learnt, we will not park there again only under the hours allowed...our mistake.
    But this forum and you guys have been a great help!!!
    THANK YOU Keith.

""""Subject: RE: WEB APPEAL - PCN - 8208496New appeal submitted
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Thank you for your correspondence relating to your Parking Charge Notice (PCN).

Further to your representations, we have investigated your claims and can confirm that your Notice has subsequently been cancelled in full and no further action will be taken.

Yours faithfully,

Highview Parking Ltd""""
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Apr 18, 12:41 AM
    • 62,736 Posts
    • 75,676 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Hahaha, yet again they folded!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

106Posts Today

1,354Users online

Martin's Twitter