Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jamran
    • By Jamran 8th Feb 18, 7:14 AM
    • 42Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Jamran
    Can I apply for set aside again?
    • 8th Feb 18, 7:14 AM
    Can I apply for set aside again? 8th Feb 18 at 7:14 AM
    Hey guys,

I went to a set aside hearing back in February last year (2017) for a default CCJ I received in January 2017. I was abroad for 6 weeks then and so claim form came to my address. However, as I wasnít aware nor able to respond to it, it resulted in a default judgement. I was ill prepared and not completely informed when I went for the set aside hearing. I didnít know I had to present my defence as well to get it set aside and only took documents proving I was abroad to the hearing. Obviously, the judge wanted to hear my defence and I had none. Long story short, it was rejected. Since then, Iíve left it as is and the CCJ has been on my credit file. I am now at a point where I can pay off the debt. But it got me thinking if itís possible if I can apply for another hearing to get it set aside?

Is this possible? Or do you only get one shot at it? Any advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Jamran; 08-02-2018 at 7:16 AM.
Page 1
    • bargepole
    • By bargepole 8th Feb 18, 8:16 AM
    • 2,262 Posts
    • 6,578 Thanks
    bargepole
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:16 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:16 AM
    The answer is No.

You made an application to have it set aside, and that was dismissed. You only get one shot.
    Speeding cases fought: 24 (3 of mine, 21 for others). Cases won: 20. Points on licence: 0. Private Parking Court Cases: Won 33. Lost 10.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 8th Feb 18, 8:31 AM
    • 17,562 Posts
    • 27,763 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:31 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 8:31 AM
    I am now at a point where I can pay off the debt.
    Paying it off won!!!8217;t remove the CCJ or the affect on your credit rating.

It would deter the PPC from possibly enforcing through bailiffs, but there!!!8217;s no sign (from your description) of anything like that currently.

Which parking company is involved?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Jamran
    • By Jamran 8th Feb 18, 10:31 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Jamran
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:31 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:31 AM
    It was UKPC. I want to pay it off because at least then I can put notes on my credit file stating the debt is cleared and it wasn!!!8217;t a credit debt. It will go a long way in me getting credit etc. I am looking to purchase a property and I!!!8217;ve been told that this will help in getting a mortgage
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 8th Feb 18, 10:46 AM
    • 9,203 Posts
    • 8,968 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:46 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 10:46 AM
    UKPC are fraudsters, read this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11858473/Parking-firm-UKPC-admits-faking-tickets-to-fine-drivers.html

Parliament has set in motion a bill to rein in parking scammer, watch this, and complain like Friar Tuck to your MP

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 8th Feb 18, 12:00 PM
    • 57,327 Posts
    • 70,925 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:00 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:00 PM
    Do complain to your MP to add your voice to the clamour MPs are hearing:

https://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/parking-bill-moves-to-next-stage-will.html

Watch the debate as linked by The Deep. Point your MP to it, this industry is rotten to the stinking core.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Quentin
    • By Quentin 8th Feb 18, 12:37 PM
    • 35,556 Posts
    • 19,759 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:37 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:37 PM
    Bear in mind that should they proceed to enforce the judgement then the costs of getting an enforcement order plus any costs of enforcement (eg bailiff costs) will be added on to what you owe

Paying it off now will stop that and get it shown as paid on the register
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 8th Feb 18, 12:43 PM
    • 2,296 Posts
    • 4,099 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:43 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:43 PM
    I!!!8217;ve been told that this will help in getting a mortgage
    Useful for others if you can say who said this and on what basis. Financial Advisors are just people who haven't become PPCs/Double glazing salesman yet.

Apologies. If forgot to mention Estate Agents and people that buy up freeholds to screw leaseholders.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

159Posts Today

2,715Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin