Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sridout92
    • By Sridout92 7th Feb 18, 10:57 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Sridout92
    Britania Parking Portswood POPLA Help
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:57 PM
    Britania Parking Portswood POPLA Help 7th Feb 18 at 10:57 PM
    Hi,
    New here :)

In Dec i received a parking notice from Britannia parking for overstaying in the Porstwood car park in Southampton. I have already appealed and received my POPLA code however i am a little confused with where to go from here (I have read all the newbie pages etc)

The main point of argue is the lights that are meant to light up the signs are placed around 1/2m away, sat in the car park they are nearly impossible to read!

I notice that a lot of POPLA appeals start with A compliant Notice to Keeper was never served - no Keeper Liability can apply. The parking notice issued reads as follows: You are advised that if, after 29 days from the date given, the parking charge has not been paid in full and we do not know both the name and current address of the driver, we have the right to recover any unpaid part of the parking charge from the registered keeper. This warning is given to you under paragraph 9(2)(f) of schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 and is subject to our complying with the application conditions under section 4 of that act.
    Therefore am i still able to use the argument that a compliant notice to keeper was never issued?

Appreciate all the help i can get and look forward to hearing from you.
    Last edited by Sridout92; 07-02-2018 at 11:16 PM.
Page 2
    • Sridout92
    • By Sridout92 27th Mar 18, 6:05 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sridout92
    POPLA was unsuccessful as Britannia provided photos of 'darkness' when they were taken in daylight and the decisions has come back that they met the minimum standards even after i mentioned about the evidence being illegible as they are not taken in darkness.

These people really are scum.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 27th Mar 18, 6:56 PM
    • 57,390 Posts
    • 70,992 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Ignore them then, no worries, POPLA is only an option. Not a reason to pay tame old Britannia!

Britannia provided photos of 'darkness' when they were taken in daylight
    What do you mean, can you show us?
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 27th Mar 18, 7:20 PM
    • 2,606 Posts
    • 3,262 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    you will need to scan / photo the popla result...

then host the image some where like tiny pic / drop box .....

then post up the url here after changing the

http bit to hxxp .... or similar ....

Ralph
    • LosPollosHenmanos
    • By LosPollosHenmanos 15th Apr 18, 9:50 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    LosPollosHenmanos
    Hi all

Having received presumably a similar evidence pack to a POPLA appeal I've prepared for charge notices at the same car park as the OP from Britannia, I can confirm the operator provided "night time" photos that are clearly in the day. Interestingly, Britannia provided proof of the date/time stamp of the photos to show the signs were up before the alleged contravention. They were timestamped at 13:42 if you can believe it!! Utter fraudsters. That said, car park lighting was on in the photos but it wasn't dark at all. At best, it was soon to be dusk.

It's very safe NOT to pay them as Coupon Mad says. They're not litigious as evidenced on the BMPA site, and you would have a robust defence with that deception amongst other shortcomings you most likely detailed in your appeal.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4Posts Today

4,001Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin