Barclaycard PPI Calculation

Hi,
I had 2 cards MasterCard and Visa with Barclaycard. PPI on MasterCard from 1990 to 2000 and on Visa from 1990 to 2004. The limit ion the Visa was 2.5 x higher than on MasterCard (both were st limit most of the time). MasterCard was upheld and letter explained they gave me the ‘average’ people with comparable policies for the same amount of time had received. I have heard today that the Visa Complaint has been upheld but they wouldn’t tell me redress amount as it was still being checked. However the lady said it was about the same again. My question is will the redress have any relation to the balance? I.e. does ‘comparable policy mean a policy with same credit limit? ThNks in advance to anyone who has knowledge/experiences of this.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    It's based on balance, not limit.
  • Thank you Sir, the letter I had for the MasterCard said the were missing information and so gave an average of similar policies. I would imagine they would have some balance information. The balance on Visa was always twice that on MasterCard. I!!!8217;m just curious as to whether the amount I get will be the same as for the MasterCard regardless of balance as they were held for the sane time.
  • just curious as to whether the amount I get will be the same as for the MasterCard regardless of balance as they were held for the sane time.
    The amount you will get will be only the amount you likely paid (plus interest)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure