Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • zilla6
    • By zilla6 7th Feb 18, 8:30 PM
    • 21Posts
    • 2Thanks
    zilla6
    Bank of Cyprus UK
    • 7th Feb 18, 8:30 PM
    Bank of Cyprus UK 7th Feb 18 at 8:30 PM
    Any recommendations / warnings for Bank of Cyprus UK Online Easy Access Account ?
    I've read you can only make withdrawals to your nominated bank account. But can you pay into the Cyprus account from any other bank?

I see it is no longer listed on MSE as one of the top savings accounts.
Page 1
    • Alistair31
    • By Alistair31 7th Feb 18, 9:00 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Alistair31
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:00 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:00 PM
    I hold !!!8220;emergency!!!8221; cash in their easy access account and I have no complaints at all.

I!!!8217;ve only ever paid in though so can!!!8217;t speak about withdrawals.
    • zilla6
    • By zilla6 7th Feb 18, 9:38 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    zilla6
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:38 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 9:38 PM
    Thanks Alistair.
    Do you always pay in money from the nominated account, or can you pay in from anywhere?
    • Neil Jones
    • By Neil Jones 7th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 1,234 Posts
    • 715 Thanks
    Neil Jones
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:56 PM
    Bank of Cyprus you can only withdraw to the nominated account. For paying in purposes initially IIRC you need to make the initial payment from your nominated account but beyond that I believe it can come from anywhere.

It used to be one of the top savings accounts paying 1.3%. Indeed a two day availability window in August followed by a rate increase following the BoE's base rate change means those who jumped on this account in those two days now get 1.55% on what they've tipped in, which wipes the floor with the market at this point in time.

It is faster payments for withdrawal (during the working day at least, but seems hit and miss in this regard after 6pm though but money does turn up eventually and usually the same day) and the system takes a few minutes to update when you pay money in at all hours. But in all its good, honest and works.
    • Alistair31
    • By Alistair31 7th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    Alistair31
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:21 PM
    Thanks Alistair.
    Do you always pay in money from the nominated account, or can you pay in from anywhere?
    Originally posted by zilla6

Yes I have only ever paid in from the nominated account.
    • zilla6
    • By zilla6 8th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    zilla6
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:53 AM
    Thanks Alistair and Neil. I might try it if the rate is still good when I am ready with some cash.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

2,344Users online

Martin's Twitter