Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 7th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    • 2,447Posts
    • 1,626Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    Best sim to port out and back to with Vodafone
    • 7th Feb 18, 7:49 PM
    Best sim to port out and back to with Vodafone 7th Feb 18 at 7:49 PM
    I'm currently with Vodafone at the end of a sim only contract which Vodafone won't continue and I've had no luck with retentions either.

I'm planning to port out and straight in again to Vodafone as I can get a much better deal as a new customer, I'm wondering is there any better payg sim to port out to and back from? I've found someone else who's just done the same with an Asda sim without even waiting, I thought Asda were on Vodafone but found they're EE - I'm not sure if that makes any difference in reality for porting.

Vodafone also claimed that I wouldn't be able to do this and would be blocked from porting back in but I assume they were just saying that to try and stop me from doing it.

John
Page 1
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 7th Feb 18, 10:15 PM
    • 7,721 Posts
    • 2,484 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:15 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 10:15 PM
    Networks often give wrong information when they may lose a so-called "upgrade". Then again, Vodafone will give wrong information about just about anything.
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 7th Feb 18, 11:39 PM
    • 1,152 Posts
    • 644 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:39 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 11:39 PM
    You won't be a new customer.

You'll be a returning customer

They're perfectly obliged to block you porting back in again
    • Johnmcl7
    • By Johnmcl7 8th Feb 18, 12:33 AM
    • 2,447 Posts
    • 1,626 Thanks
    Johnmcl7
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:33 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 12:33 AM
    You won't be a new customer.

You'll be a returning customer

They're perfectly obliged to block you porting back in again
    Originally posted by Gary_Dexter
    No, I'll be a new customer as I have no existing contract with Vodafone and they said I could start a new contract with them just not the same number which is incorrect. Furthermore, I won't be going through Vodafone direct either.

John
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 8th Feb 18, 9:33 AM
    • 8,346 Posts
    • 6,166 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:33 AM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:33 AM
    No, I'll be a new customer as I have no existing contract with Vodafone and they said I could start a new contract with them just not the same number which is incorrect. Furthermore, I won't be going through Vodafone direct either.
    Originally posted by Johnmcl7
    What's to stop them, or any network choosing to restrict offers to customers who haven't been with them for, say 24-36 months? NB I'm not saying they do this

If you go through a third party, the network still has the final yay or nay on acceptance
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 8th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    • 4,526 Posts
    • 1,416 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    • 8th Feb 18, 9:35 PM
    They can obviously refuse to give him another contract but I doubt they could refuse to port in a number from another network - once they've approved the connection itself.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin