Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sunnysoho
    • By sunnysoho 7th Feb 18, 5:30 PM
    • 3Posts
    • 1Thanks
    sunnysoho
    Buying in London vs Midlands - Offsetting Rent
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:30 PM
    Buying in London vs Midlands - Offsetting Rent 7th Feb 18 at 5:30 PM
    Hello! Apologies if this has already been tackled on this amazing forum, and please point me in the right direction if there's already an existing similar thread.

I have roughly under 100k to use as a deposit on a property.

I'm from the Midlands (Telford) and still have friends and all my family there.

However, i've been living and working in London for the last 3 years and can't see myself moving back 'home' soon.

The question is; is it worth looking to buy in London (or the surrounding area) as this is where i live and work, or using that money to buy in the Midlands, pay off the mortgage quicker and then rent that property to offset my rent in London?

I hope that makes sense!

Any help, tips and advice would be greatly appreciated

SunnySoho
Page 2
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,197Posts Today

6,254Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin