Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • rafhelp
    • By rafhelp 7th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    • 251Posts
    • 28Thanks
    rafhelp
    0 WOW
    Is Turkey Safe
    • 7th Feb 18, 4:13 PM
    0 WOW
    Is Turkey Safe 7th Feb 18 at 4:13 PM
    There are areas in Turkey not safe to travel to esp borders with Syria,

But what more common tourist destinations like Istanbul, Antalya, Alanya or west Turkey or south west?

Turkey is in Europe so is the rules the same? I dont understand about needing a visa
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
Page 2
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 10th Feb 18, 4:58 PM
    • 11,028 Posts
    • 29,388 Thanks
    suki1964
    Traveling around Turkey is so easy. Dolmus into town ,local bus to a bigger terminal and from there , wherever you want to go in lovely air conditioned coaches with free cold drinks and wipes dishes out

Extremely cheap and easy
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • maman
    • By maman 10th Feb 18, 6:10 PM
    • 17,901 Posts
    • 107,174 Thanks
    maman
    I've been to Turkey every year for the past 20+ years. I love it.

I've been really sorry for the Turks as their income from tourism has been severely affected by the threat of terrorism. There have been a few incidents in tourist areas (just as there have been in the UK) but it's mostly down to ignorance. People don't seem to realise that the Syrian border is hundreds of miles away from the resorts.

Fortunately, the trade seems to be picking up this year. My flights are booke for my 3 weeks in June. I can't wait!
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 12th Feb 18, 1:22 PM
    • 9,134 Posts
    • 14,067 Thanks
    worried jim
    I will be there mid June. Distance from border trouble spot to my resort is the same distance from London to Berlin.
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • Nick_C
    • By Nick_C 12th Feb 18, 1:23 PM
    • 3,808 Posts
    • 5,234 Thanks
    Nick_C
    It is if it's cooked properly and you stick to the "use by" date.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,070Posts Today

7,386Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin