money mule help

Comments

• boo_star
    boo_star Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary

There are quite a few parts of that article that don’t really add up but it’s not surprising, young people are fairly naive when it comes to financial affairs so it’s entirely expected that they’ll be targeted.

“Free money!” and all that.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    You need to talk to someone about it, it could prevent someone else getting duped.
  • Ring the bank first thing in the morning the number is on the back of your debit card, dont press any options just hold and someone will answer and help and advise you, we all make mistakes, the bank will help you to sort it x
  • twizzzt
    twizzzt Posts: 16 Forumite
    Update:
    Day 3 of no eating barely any sleep I do not know where to turn anymore I am stuck and I have myself to blame I would like to speak out but I am scared of getting arrested and feeling ashamed and scared of what my family will think
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 February 2018 at 9:39AM
    twizzzt wrote: »
    Update:
    Day 3 of no eating barely any sleep I do not know where to turn anymore I am stuck and I have myself to blame I would like to speak out but I am scared of getting arrested and feeling ashamed and scared of what my family will think

You explain what happened.

Was it done all online, I mean the communication with so and so getting you to be a mule, if done online you may have the chat transcripts stored on your pc.
  • twizzzt
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    You explain what happened.

Was it done all online, I mean the communication with so and so getting you to be a mule, if done online you may have the chat transcripts stored on your pc.
    Over text/ WhatsApp and a bit on the phone however I feel like some transcripts may be incriminating
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Update:

If your account is already under investigation then talking to the bank can only be a positive, as they will already be aware that money has been laundered through your account. By speaking up before you're confronted with that fact you are putting yourself in a far better position.
  • HappyHarry
    HappyHarry Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We all make mistakes when we are young. No one's died because of your stupidity, you've just had your bank account suspended.

You've found the courage to post the details of your situation on here, and are reading the responses.

Find that courage again, and screw up that courage, together with every little bit of courage you can find anywhere else into one big ball, and then use that courage to phone the police / parents / bank.

You will feel so much better afterwards.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • twizzzt
    HappyHarry wrote: »
    We all make mistakes when we are young. No one's died because of your stupidity, you've just had your bank account suspended.

You've found the courage to post the details of your situation on here, and are reading the responses.

Find that courage again, and screw up that courage, together with every little bit of courage you can find anywhere else into one big ball, and then use that courage to phone the police / parents / bank.

You will feel so much better afterwards.
    I think I will, around a week ago I was the happiest guy around just received my acceptance letter to my fashion school and now this has knocked me down so hard and I miss being able to smile and laugh about things however the fraudster has said if I come clean about it that is how the banks and police will do me dirty etc
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I do not know where to turn anymore
    Flobberchops' post #21 gives you a list of where to turn.
    I have myself to blame
    And the scammers. But the fact that you are accepting blame is a good thing - it shows maturity.
    I am scared of getting arrested
    You have a bunch of thugs who have threatened you if you don't transfer money for them.
    Your bank account has been frozen.
    You can transfer no more money for these crooks.
    Now, I don't believe for one minute that they are in this country and/or would take action for just £3000 (it's a lot to the likes of you and I, but not to serious fraudsters). But you appear to believe that they would. In which case, getting arrested right now seems like a good idea!
    In any case, the sooner the police hear your side of the story and see your evidence the sooner they can start to establish where these bad guys are.

Also, if what you have done is arrestable, then you're going to get arrested for it. The bank know what's happening. I don't rate your chances of them forgetting to tell the police! You'll be seen in a better light if you tell them yourself.

[quote[feeling ashamed and scared of what my family will think[/QUOTE]
    Again, this has already come to the bank's attention. It won't end here. Your family will find out. Better that they find out from you than when the police come knocking on the door.

Could you email a link to this thread to someone you trust? Just say "This is me" or something similar. Would that be easier than telling them face to face?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure