Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • natjones91
    • By natjones91 7th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 38Thanks
    natjones91
    So confused after reading newbie thread....
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:34 PM
    So confused after reading newbie thread.... 7th Feb 18 at 3:34 PM
    Hi,

So I received a PCN from Elite Management (Midlands) after the driver of the car parked in a permit only car park. I believe that the staff in the building on the car park issued the ticket however I have no proof of this as the driver did not see who put the ticket on.

After doing some research and reading the newbie thread I have read that the best thing to do is not to pay the PCN and to appeal with the appeal on the newbie thread however I have checked online and Elite management are apart of the two organisations that you are asked to check on the Newbie page so i am not sure what grounds the appeal will have.

I feel like I am more confused than ever after reading the newbie thread and I just don't know what my next step is.

If I wait till day 26 and appeal how long after will i receive the POPLA code? will i receive the code if the drive has no evidence and parked there knowingly (I don't know this I am just thinking of all options) that a permit is required? what will the code state?

Ive read somewhere that some parking fines last for 6 years is it worth this much work/stress for £60 and will i have to pay something anyway? i just don't know where to start with this.

Can Elite management Midlands take the keeper to court?

Please don't tell me to read the newbie thread as it just leaves me more confused.

any advise will be much appreciated. I am very worried at the moment about this as I just do not have the money to pay this with a newborn due soon.
    Started comping in Sept 2014.
    Wins so far:
    IPAD mini
    Witch Blemish Stick

Would love to win a holiday or an ITV competition ... Maybe one day
Page 1
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 7th Feb 18, 3:49 PM
    • 36,631 Posts
    • 82,980 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:49 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:49 PM
    Elite are BPA members, so send the template from the NEWBIES thread. If the keeper received a NTK through the post, then appeal now. If a NTD was left on the car, then appeal around day 26.

You should get a rejection with a PoPLA code by day 35. Don't respond to anything other than a rejection and PoPLA code.

Elite can take the keeper to court which is why it is better to beat this scam at the PoPLA stage.

It is not a fine.

It is likely that the keeper will have several appeal points. The driver is no longer involved. There are several template appeal points already written for you to adapt in the NEWBIES, so you will need to start reading up on this once you have sent the initial appeal.

Get pics of the entrance and signage around the car park if possible, especially if the are damaged, hidden behind bushes, high up on poles, and have very small print.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 07-02-2018 at 3:54 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 3:54 PM
    Please don't tell me to read the newbie thread as it just leaves me more confused.

Well, you would not expect to be allowed to play rugby unless you knew the rules.

Either burn the midnight oil, pay the scammers, or ignore, (and accept the consequences).

It was your choice to trespass on private land.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • muleskinner
    • By muleskinner 7th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    • 109 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    muleskinner
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:02 PM
    It was your choice to trespass on private land.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    Er, maybe not, The OP never said they were driving and many of us are here because we had no idea we were even on private land!
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 7th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    • 36,631 Posts
    • 82,980 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:32 PM
    Er, maybe not, The OP never said they were driving and many of us are here because we had no idea we were even on private land!
    Originally posted by muleskinner
    Precisely so. If the signage was perchance inadequate then the driver may not have known they shouldn't have been in the car park.

In any case, if this was for trespass then the landowner should be making a claim. The going rate for trespass court claims I believe is £1 were no damage is caused.
    I don't have a sister.

• ChantillyLace86
    • By ChantillyLace86 7th Feb 18, 6:38 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    ChantillyLace86
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:38 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:38 PM
    Hi, I'm extremely new and i really need advice. I apologise in advance for jumping on this thread but i can't navigate the page to start my own and im desperate for advice!!!! I can't sleep worrying. I read the Newbies thread and just left me more confused.

I won't go on too long but basically i recieved a ticket while on private land, i was working on a tv show and we were on location. The security looking after the set told us all where to park....one day i came off set and there was a ticket on my car! I ignored it and every letter afterwards. I got letters from Debt Recovery Plus and ignored them.
    Last week i recieved a Gladstones Solicitors letter. It says on the letter to contact their client and make a payment of £160 before it goes to court! I also read somewhere it could possibly be a fake letter as there is no contact number to Gladstones directly and tells me not to make a proposal to Gladstones. I have 14 days to respond.
    Please help
    Thank you in advance...
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Feb 18, 6:39 PM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 27,817 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:39 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:39 PM
    Why do so many believe this is a simple option of press a couple of buttons and hey presto, it all goes away, with no real effort expended?

While I wish that this was the case, it just isnt. It can be easy if you know what you are doing, but the only way to do this is to get to grips with all of this via research, understanding and posting questions where the OP is unclear. But there is no substitute for doing some hard work and getting down to dealing with the issues.

Otherwise, as alien as it is to me, cough up, it is all over, move on!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • KeithP
    • By KeithP 7th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 7,214 Posts
    • 6,717 Thanks
    KeithP
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    To start your own thread, click on this blue button:

• Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 17,607 Posts
    • 27,817 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:51 PM
    Wow - humbled, got a ‘Thanks’ from The Deep.

Please don’t remove it TD!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • The Deep
    • By The Deep 7th Feb 18, 6:56 PM
    • 9,209 Posts
    • 8,979 Thanks
    The Deep
    I agree with Umko, it is complex, but it is not rocket science. not even "A" level. Some/most come here thinking it is a walk in the park, it is not. I suspect that many, when directed to the stickies just give up.

OP is a case in point, they want it to go away, but are reluctant to put in the hours. Chantillylace is another, this board is no different from hundreds of others, if you cannot work out how to post, perhaps you should pay when you first get the ticket.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 7th Feb 18, 8:51 PM
    • 36,631 Posts
    • 82,980 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Hi, I'm extremely new and i really need advice. I apologise in advance for jumping on this thread but i can't navigate the page to start my own and im desperate for advice!!!! I can't sleep worrying. I read the Newbies thread and just left me more confused.

I won't go on too long but basically i recieved a ticket while on private land, i was working on a tv show and we were on location. The security looking after the set told us all where to park....one day i came off set and there was a ticket on my car! I ignored it and every letter afterwards. I got letters from Debt Recovery Plus and ignored them.
    Last week i recieved a Gladstones Solicitors letter. It says on the letter to contact their client and make a payment of £160 before it goes to court! I also read somewhere it could possibly be a fake letter as there is no contact number to Gladstones directly and tells me not to make a proposal to Gladstones. I have 14 days to respond.
    Please help
    Thank you in advance...
    Originally posted by ChantillyLace86
    Read the Sticky thread for NWBIES then start your own thread. This thread and answers on it are for the benefit of the original poster only.

On your own thread you will get bespoke help.
    I don't have a sister.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

107Posts Today

1,683Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin