Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kiwiginga
    • By kiwiginga 7th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kiwiginga
    Warm home discount
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:51 PM
    Warm home discount 7th Feb 18 at 2:51 PM
    Hi can any one tell me please if my supplier will take back my warm home discount payment if i change to a new supplier
Page 1
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 7th Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    Once you have received your WHD, you are free to move without it being claimed back. If you move before receiving it, you will not get it from the supplier you are moving from.
    • kiwiginga
    • By kiwiginga 7th Feb 18, 5:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kiwiginga
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:02 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:02 PM
    thank you for your reply does that even count if im on prepayment meters do you know?
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 7th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 5:34 PM
    Pre pay or credit meters, it is the same. If you have had it, you can move if you like.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 7th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    • 3,574 Posts
    • 924 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:33 PM
    The previous replies are not strictly true or at least incomplete. It all depends on whether you are in the core group (you got WHD automatically) or in the broader group (you had to apply for WHD).

In the case of the Core Group you qualify for WHD if you were with an electricity supplier on the qualifying date. If you switch before getting it it's still paid by that electricity supplier you were with on the qualifying date and credited to your new energy account.

In the case of the Broader Group if you switch after you have received it you can keep it. But if you switch before you get it you lose it.

You can also game it especially if the WHD payment results in your account going into credit. Switch after you have received WHD and that credit will be paid to you.
    • SpotlandRules
    • By SpotlandRules 7th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 192 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    SpotlandRules
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    • 7th Feb 18, 6:43 PM
    Thanks for adding the extra.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,368Posts Today

8,256Users online

Martin's Twitter